When will the Catholic church just give in to secularism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    A better comparison would be the shop owner refusing to sell something to a person who he knows is going to use the item to do something immoral.
    What's immoral about a gay marriage ? And how would any shopkeeper know (without the gift of you staggering telepathy or precognitive abilities) what purpose an item is going to be used for ?

If this were the case, the U.S. might have a whole lot fewer serial killers.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
      What's immoral about a gay marriage ? And how would any shopkeeper know (without the gift of you staggering telepathy or precognitive abilities) what purpose an item is going to be used for ?

I don't personally care about gay marriage. Liberalism, and forcing people to do what they don't believe is right, is offensive to me though. Not marrying gays is not making them second class citizens. I.e. they can get married at the courthouse.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

And blacks can ride at the back of the bus and go to their own schools
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It's not unthinkable. I've seen people turned away from buying guns without even getting a NICS background check done. Both times they were sketchy weird people that the clerk clearly didn't feel comfortable arming.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

i thought that show was about navy crimes
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
              And blacks can ride at the back of the bus and go to their own schools
              ▲ MrFunism

Comment

▲ MrFunism
                Damn, Kid is 100% correct on this post.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Damn, Kid is 100% correct on this post.
                  Stop piquing my curiosity, and tempting me to unignore Kid.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

and forcing people to do what they don't believe is right.
                    So many to choose from- paying taxes ? Looking both ways crossing the road ? Blowing cigarette smoke in babies' faces ? Polluting rivers with dumped electrical goods ?

Wakey wakey- if you want to enjoy rights then be adult and accept certain responsibilities.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                      It's not unthinkable. I've seen people turned away from buying guns without even getting a NICS background check done. Both times they were sketchy weird people that the clerk clearly didn't feel comfortable arming.
                      You mean they weren't intending to use the gun as a pastry cutter or fishtank ornament ? How very odd.

Comment

You see, it's a good thing that some random gun nut shop owner can decide whose 2nd amendment rights are worth respecting... but bad if a democratically elected government does it
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          You see, it's a good thing that some random gun nut shop owner can decide whose 2nd amendment rights are worth respecting... but bad if a democratically elected government does it
                          #

Clearly the gun shop owner should have asked,

'Excuse me, but judging by your demeanour you seem to be having some kind of psychotic break, in my humble mindreader's opinion. Are you planning to shoot up a shopping mall or schoolroom with a weapon purchased here ?

If not, and you are just a respectable Republican recovering from a heavy weekend of male prostitutes and cocaine and alcohol abuse, please have a rocket grenade launcher, with my compliments.'

Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2259961-16D7C008000005DC-620_634x381.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	9100142

Imagine if shopkeepers could have known what use he would put ordinary everyday knives and rope to. The sooner the better Kidicious gets into retail with his astonishing telepathic and precognitive abilities, the better.
                          Last edited by molly bloom; March 13, 2014, 11:46.

Comment

also "are you going to use this gun to 'stand your ground' against a black person"?

sold
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              also "are you going to use this gun to 'stand your ground' against a black person"?
                              Who has been eating sugary foods and is wearing a hooded top ?

Yes, I think I get your drift.

Comment

So many to choose from- paying taxes ? Looking both ways crossing the road ? Blowing cigarette smoke in babies' faces ? Polluting rivers with dumped electrical goods ?

Wakey wakey- if you want to enjoy rights then be adult and accept certain responsibilities.
                                1) Taxes are too high
                                2) Don't believe in laws requiring people to look at traffic
                                3) Don't believe in anti-smoking laws.

Comment

Working...
                                X