Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oh em gee - The 'poly OffTopic. It's been a while.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh em gee - The 'poly OffTopic. It's been a while.

I'm mildly amazed and gladdened that this site is still going. That the OffTopic still exists. That I still recognise the people posting to it. I'll figure out some moving words about the importance of community and whatnot later. For a while I'm going to browse and basic in the joy. :-)*

*and see if anyone still remembers me...
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Starchild
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

THE STARCHILD RETURNETH!
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Hello Starchild.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Good to see you... Welcome back.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wow.

Welcome back, Starchild!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I hadn't realized it had been that long -- and such an abrupt departure, too!
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Starchild!
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Woo, Starchild!
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

oh hey. 'sup?
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Hi Starchild
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Hi StarChild, long time no see.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I guess quite a few remember.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Starman

Comment

i'm singing the commercial jingle to the 80's toy "Lite Bright" but instead of "Lite Bright", I'm saying "Star Child"

STAR CHILD STAR CHILD

TIME FOR THE MAGIC OF CHILDISH STARS!
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X