Where is JohnT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty unkind.

I'm fine with his struggles with his folks. Normal in family businesses (and he's a big part of that thing).

Who cares about some convention. He's got nothing to be ashamed of.
    Last edited by TCO; January 26, 2014, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO View Post
      I'm fine with his struggles with his folks.

So am I. I thought it was hilarious.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

What was the problem with the Poly convention? Planned too big, too little attendance? Happens to any event planning.

Comment

I'm sure someone can provide an accurate account. My memory of it, based purely on what I read here, was that JohnT was organising it, and when things started to get problematic he went into hiding.

Comment

JohnT tried to start a business with a friend and it didn't go well with the whole thing going tits up. He pretty much stopped posting after that. Adam Smith was the one who died.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO View Post
              Adam Smith did. I know that is strange...since not so old and had a school daughter. He even was admiring of a teacher I had from NU at consulting company special training. And whatshisname (Dan?) and I had beers with him.

REally, you think JohnT is? I thought he was just fighting the family business issues and such.
              The Dan you are thinking of was DanS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                I'm sure someone can provide an accurate account. My memory of it, based purely on what I read here, was that JohnT was organising it, and when things started to get problematic he went into hiding.
                I remember something like that. I'm sure someone can be more pompous and verbose about the whole affair.

Hey, wasn't that coined in the same discussion?

Dinner, we're talking about the Poly convention. Your info does help a bit, though it leaves a question: was there a time between the Poly convention and the business tragedy you mention, when JohnT was still posting here?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  Do you happen to know why he doesn't post on Poly anymore?
                  Are you being serious, in asking this question?
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

People have plenty of reasons for leaving forever.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                      Are you being serious, in asking this question?

No, it was a cunning trap to lure someone into making a mock-shocked rhetorical question in response.

Comment

Apparently MrFun knows the "real" answer -- so spill.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Actually, after reading this thread I believe I mixed up JohnT and DanS. JohnT was the phone book guy who worked for his parents and DanS was the guy who tried to start a business with a friend but it went bankrupt and he kept claiming it was all his partner's fault and that the guy was lazy or something like that.

Comment

bungled Poly convention, that would do it
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              Actually, after reading this thread I believe I mixed up JohnT and DanS. JohnT was the phone book guy who worked for his parents and DanS was the guy who tried to start a business with a friend but it went bankrupt and he kept claiming it was all his partner's fault and that the guy was lazy or something like that.

I'm thinking this is highly inaccurate.

I think DanS got married and got a life. JohnT did go through a business with a partner.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X