Kids are awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids are awesome

Tonight I demonstrated armpit farts for my son. He gave me a certain look, which, translated, indicates:

"Lo, Prometheus hath brought down fire from the heavens. Now are men like unto the very Gods themselves."

Procreation
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

how old is he? I don't think I've demonstrated this to mine yet.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

You procreated?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Albie, assume everybody's doing it. Except Ben.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

He turned two on January 3. Yeah, you were kind of out of the loop there, Al.

(it helps that, for some reason, his mother cannot armpit fart. This is a Sacred Daddoo Mystery)
          1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            Albie, assume everybody's doing it. Except Ben. and you, Albie
            Fixt.

Comment

How old is your kid, SB? (Somehow I wasn't aware that you had one)

And yes, kids are awesome. My favorite thing about small children is how they say things that are completely bizarre, and yet ridiculously logical when you factor in their ignorance.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Try pull my finger.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                  Albie, assume everybody's doing it. Except Ben.
                  I am not, nor have I ever.
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    He turned two on January 3. Yeah, you were kind of out of the loop there, Al.

(it helps that, for some reason, his mother cannot armpit fart. This is a Sacred Daddoo Mystery)
                    What I like most about the very young is their utter candidness- one of my nephews turned to a large woman sat next to him on the bus and in all innocence said : 'You're quite a fat lady, aren't you ?'

One of my nieces while using the lavatory at an adventure park shouted out to me through the door- 'It's really stinky in here, Uncle !'

I love their drawings too.

Forgot to wish you a happy Feast of the Epiphany Elok. Apologies, but I've been dealing with a particularly tedious chest infection which has in no way been ameliorated by the windy/damp/chilly weather here.

Here's Aphrodite's Child and 'Aegean Sea' for you as recompense for my inexcusable tardiness... hope you had lots of delicious nosh. I'd love some egg and lemon soup right this minute...

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      How old is your kid, SB? (Somehow I wasn't aware that you had one)
                      he'll be six in march.

Comment

I have two girls. Aged 8 and 6. I was a bad father and introduced them to Civ last month.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                          he'll be six in march.
                          And he doesn't know armpit farts yet? Don't make me call CPS on you, dude.

Question for the docs: the pediatrician is concerned that my boy hasn't gained any weight since the last visit; he's now in the thirty-fifth percentile for weight, though he's fifty-seventh for height. He turned two less than a month ago, weighs something like 27 lbs. He just had a terrifyingly big vial of blood drawn to test for malnourishment, though I'm not all that concerned. He's awfully clever and active for a malnourished kid. So, when they make those percentile figures, are they factoring in all the kids in the country, including the morbidly obese ones? I'm wondering if they're freaking out in part because he drinks water instead of juice, gets healthy snacks, doesn't watch TV, etc.
                          1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                            Forgot to wish you a happy Feast of the Epiphany Elok. Apologies, but I've been dealing with a particularly tedious chest infection which has in no way been ameliorated by the windy/damp/chilly weather here.

Here's Aphrodite's Child and 'Aegean Sea' for you as recompense for my inexcusable tardiness... hope you had lots of delicious nosh. I'd love some egg and lemon soup right this minute...

We're actually sufficiently Westernized that we don't make a big deal out of Ephiphany; we're new-calendar, celebrate Xmas in December, etc. Also, I go to an "Antiochian" (Arab) parish that's really 90% white converts, so you wouldn't get much Avgolimonou (sp?) out of us. Our priest makes some pretty decent BBQ, if you're into that. But thanks!

(personally, I love the Russian food best--blini, pirogi, halushki, bobka loaves, etc.)
                            1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              And he doesn't know armpit farts yet? Don't make me call CPS on you, dude.

Question for the docs: the pediatrician is concerned that my boy hasn't gained any weight since the last visit; he's now in the thirty-fifth percentile for weight, though he's fifty-seventh for height. He turned two less than a month ago, weighs something like 27 lbs. He just had a terrifyingly big vial of blood drawn to test for malnourishment, though I'm not all that concerned. He's awfully clever and active for a malnourished kid. So, when they make those percentile figures, are they factoring in all the kids in the country, including the morbidly obese ones? I'm wondering if they're freaking out in part because he drinks water instead of juice, gets healthy snacks, doesn't watch TV, etc.
                              Those growth charts date from a few decades ago, so in actuality, compared to today's kids, he's probably more like 15th percentile, not that there is anything wrong with that. We generally get more worried about when their growth crosses percentiles over a period of time; like, if he was 75th before, and then at his next check up he was 35th, that would be somewhat concerning.

Of course, everything must be taken in context; if he is otherwise thriving developmentally, I probably wouldn't bother testing such a child, but YMMV.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X