Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Yeah it's a regular Ford Pinto situation
    In the sense that Mc's coffee is actually no hotter than that of other chains?
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

There is whole documentary revolving around the hot coffee case. It is called, surprisingly enough, "Hot Coffee". It's a good watch. Gives some interesting points of view on that case in particular and tort reform in general.
      The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini View Post
        There is whole documentary revolving around the hot coffee case. It is called, surprisingly enough, "Hot Coffee". It's a good watch. Gives some interesting points of view on that case in particular and tort reform in general.
        Predictably enough: http://www.forbes.com/sites/docket/2...bility-system/
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

That it's slanted, or that Forbes would say so?
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            If we had won the election, we would have dropped Obama like the hot potato he wasn't, like we did with Gore. You, OTOH, continue to pin every bad thing on Bush.
            Dude, people are still talking about Gore, albeit wrt to climate change. But had he never run for president, methinks that wouldn't be the case.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Dude, people are still talking about Gore because he keeps shoving his face in front of the camera, like Bush never did.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That it's slanted, or that Forbes would say so?
                  Both.

Comment

Dude, people are still talking about Gore because he keeps shoving his face in front of the camera, like Bush never did.
                    What?
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      What?
                      Remember an inconvenient truth? Gore made an effort to keep himself in the spotlight. On the other hand, Bush completely retired. Romney pops up on like, Jay Leno once in a while, but has otherwise withdrawn from politics.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Gore was VP for 8 years, and lost the most contentious election in the history of the country, and was noted before his time in the executive for the issue at hand.

There is no comparison here.

Comment

I mean, is there an issue Bush was known for before he got to Washington? Has he been active in it since?

I don't deny Gore is an attention whore; he's a politician, by definition he is an attention whore. If Bush stays out of the spotlight for the next 6 years while he is out of Washington, we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            I mean, is there an issue Bush was known for before he got to Washington? Has he been active in it since?

I don't deny Gore is an attention whore; he's a politician, by definition he is an attention whore. If Bush stays out of the spotlight for the next 6 years while he is out of Washington, we can talk.
                            He has stayed out of the spotlight for the last five. He wrote the obligatory presidential memoir but hasn't done anything else. He's actually not an attention whore.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

It's best to lay low when you leave office with an approval rating in the low 30s. Obama might end up doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                He has stayed out of the spotlight for the last five
                                he should after what he did

Comment

Working...
                                X