No announcement yet.

China: The new space superpower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes, they have their own version of Amazon and Twitter. Good for them. We already know that they can come up with any idea we already came up with years ago.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Inconceivable!

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        While you're making assumptions about me I'd like to clear something up: I go to school on a scholarship, drive a 10-year-old car, and live on a budget you could cover with the income of a 40 hour/week job at McDonald's. I'm not gonna take any of your **** about being pampered.
        Weeps silently. It's just like 'Slumdog Millionaire', it's so poignant. Or 'Rue Cases Negres' or 'Salaam Bombay' or 'City Of God'....
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Oh yes, they have their own version of Amazon and Twitter. Good for them. We already know that they can come up with any idea we already came up with years ago.
          Yeah, like gunpowder and the compass and paper and printing and rocketry....

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I feel a mix of pity and contempt for people who have to reach back to the Middle Ages for their last intellectual achievement.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
              I feel a mix of pity and contempt for people who have to reach back to the Middle Ages for their last intellectual achievement.
              I never thought you were such a disgusting person. HC and Reg, sure ... it's expected from them. Contempt for Chinese people? WTF is wrong with you?

I think it's very important to point out that there are Chinese people who have recently had far greater intellectual achievements (as well as business) than you, Reg, HC, I, or almost surely anyone on this board. Yah, they had to do it from a much more difficult position ... all the more reason to be impressed, rather than contemptuous.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                I never thought you were such a disgusting person. HC and Reg, sure ... it's expected from them. Contempt for Chinese people? WTF is wrong with you?

I think it's very important to point out that there are Chinese people who have recently had far greater intellectual achievements (as well as business) than you, Reg, HC, I, or almost surely anyone on this board. Yah, they had to do it from a much more difficult position ... all the more reason to be impressed, rather than contemptuous.
                I like the home made cannons, but Yang Youde is no John Moses Browning.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I'm sure the Chinese people are just all shook up over that.

Comment

I like the home made cannons, but Yang Youde is no John Moses Browning.
                    A few weeks ago I shot a ~110 your old winchester lever action rifle designed by Browning. The design is ****ing genius, with the two vertical locking lugs coming up at the end of the cycle while you pull the lever back.

Comment

Any idea on Trump's plans for the space program when he becomes President?
                      "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        I went to the ER after seeking advice from my father on whether or not to go to the ER. He said to go to an urgent care center which I ignored because the ER is closer and I didn't think it would take very long.

After waiting a couple hours I went home and went to my university clinic (closed after 8pm) and got treated immediately. Between the two visits it cost ~$35. My foot is now fine. Not sure how that makes me "pampered."

The comment about congestion pricing was mostly a trollish way of saying healthcare should cost money.
                        This episode still cracks me up!
                        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Working...
                        X