No announcement yet.

China: The new space superpower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well fortunately for me it was so long ago that a degree in IT wasn't needed to go into the field so I didn't have to be a lawyer.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

did they even have degrees back then?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Was interested to hear that China have removed their bans on Science Fiction recently as they went to visit Silicon Valley companies and found that everyone working in those companies grew up with sci-fi, and they are now almost actively promoting it to try and foster imaginative companies.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

They're gonna have to do more than ****ing unban sci fi to foster silicon valley type companies in China. The fact that they ever did ban sci fi is a pretty major strike against them. If you're a well-educated and highly trained Chinese person, the chances that you want to stay in China are pretty small.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

It's probably not all they are doing.

x
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

I can see it now......

"Amerika uber alles. America uber alles!" shouts Kucibro as he is dragged away by the Chinese policemen in powered armor while the Chinese SWAT in mechas look on.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Kucibro is good

Kuciwankers?
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Kucidumb and Kucidumber?
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                    Kucidumb and Kucidumber?
                    Kucicuckoo ?
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Kuci-selfisharrogantpamperedchildren?
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

While you're making assumptions about me I'd like to clear something up: I go to school on a scholarship, drive a 10-year-old car, and live on a budget you could cover with the income of a 40 hour/week job at McDonald's. I'm not gonna take any of your **** about being pampered.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                          While you're making assumptions about me I'd like to clear something up: I go to school on a scholarship, drive a 10-year-old car, and live on a budget you could cover with the income of a 40 hour/week job at McDonald's. I'm not gonna take any of your **** about being pampered.
                          Didn't you got to an ER recently because your dad told you to? (Plus rest of attitude in that thread)
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I went to the ER after seeking advice from my father on whether or not to go to the ER. He said to go to an urgent care center which I ignored because the ER is closer and I didn't think it would take very long.

After waiting a couple hours I went home and went to my university clinic (closed after 8pm) and got treated immediately. Between the two visits it cost ~$35. My foot is now fine. Not sure how that makes me "pampered."

The comment about congestion pricing was mostly a trollish way of saying healthcare should cost money.

Comment

their dad sounds like one of those cheapskate rich guys
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                They're gonna have to do more than ****ing unban sci fi to foster silicon valley type companies in China. The fact that they ever did ban sci fi is a pretty major strike against them. If you're a well-educated and highly trained Chinese person, the chances that you want to stay in China are pretty small.
                                Alibaba, Tencent, Sina Weibo........
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X