Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else purchased a XBOX One or PS4? (Or both)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    Nintendo stock seems like a good buy right now. I doubt Nintendo is going to die.

I have no love for Nintendo or the Wii U. My sister brought hers over before the holidays. I've not spent one minute by myself playing it.

But yeah, when Mario Kart and Smash Bros comes out, more people will get into it.

As far as consoles go, Nintendo is probably in the best spot. Most of their titles are exclusive. You simply can't replicate the Nintendo experience on PC.

But Xbone and PS4? Both of those consoles are basically sub par PC's. Most of the popular titles can be played on PC. The only people who have those machines as their primary means of gaming are 12 year olds who either don't know or don't have the means to game on a good PC.

Or they could just be idiot fanboiz like Asher.

I honestly don't understand brand love like that. I've had all sorts of hardware over the years. I've had most every console. There hasn't ever been a single company or product that has stood out above the rest to the point where I would pick up the flag and lead a battle against "haters". Such discussions usually devolve into this sort of tribal fight. It's stupid. I have no respect for fanboiz of any ilk.
    ...says the PC Gaming fanboy.

I own and play all of the (real) consoles and gaming PCs. You are a sole-source gamer fanboy.

I'm such a console fanboy I have 159 games on Steam.
    Last edited by Asher; January 20, 2014, 17:52.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Look at this ridiculous console fanboy.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	fan.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	502.1 KB
ID:	9096098
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
        HOLY ****.

DOMINIC.

how're things man?
        hi,

I'm going fine: finished university some years ago. I'm working as an analyst / economist in the natural resource sector. I’m lurking apolyton from time to time. I still play Civ. And, I still need one or two advanced English courses… ;
        Last edited by CrONoS; January 20, 2014, 22:59.
        bleh

Comment

Long time no see.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I have never owned a single console etc...

Being forced to buy a specific console just to play a particular game never appealed, so I never even bothered trying.
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Nintendo starts making games for smartphones
              Holy crap, Nintendo would basically be printing money it it released a sidescrolling Mario and a Zelda game for Android and iOS.

I own an XBox 360. I haven't played a PC game in years... then again, I hardly play by XBox - every few weeks I power it up to play Mass Effect (that's the first one - which I got really cheap because it's been years since it was released).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I actually think Nintendo needs to make an MMO. They have all the pieces, they just need to put them together. Animal Crossing is almost there. So is Pokemon. A Pokemon MMO wouldn't be a money printer, it would be an open pit gold mine. They probably couldn't charge a monthly subscription but there would be some way making a ****load of cash off of that.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

What's the advantage of making a Pokemon MMO? Pokemon is already multiplayer and allows you to play with anyone anywhere in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                    I have never owned a single console etc...

Being forced to buy a specific console just to play a particular game never appealed, so I never even bothered trying.
                    Consoles suck. I can't remember the last time I fired up my Xbox 360 for anything but watching Netflix.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Nintendo loosely describes the future, and it's XNA. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/0...nsole-systems/

Which failed.

Comment

Are you still playing Forza 5? There haven't been many Xbox One games since launch.

Comment

I'm sure Xbox and PS4 or5 or whatever are good machines.

But right now I have 5 xbox360's... 3 upstairs with wide screens... 2 in man cave with big screens... for the true fog of war. We play teams, Halo4.

So, to upgrade, 5 xbox1's $2500. 5 new games - what, 50 bucks each... $2750 for what? for what? nothing worth $2750 from what I'm seeing.

I still enjoy MW3, Halo4 and Grid. $2750... my goodness, I'll buy something else for that money.

I'll wait a couple of years and maybe think about it when they drop to $199.

Comment

and Forza 5... it does look nice. but even just 1 xbox and Forza 5, almost $600. for a driving game. ummm.... no

Comment

i may end up getting a ps4 just for nhl 15...

****ing ea
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

MKX might possibly persuade me to retire the PS3 in favor of a ps4.
                                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
                                X