X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donegeal
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm against this. Camera's prevent cops from being able to do their jobs.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Most of the camera footage I've seen of cops is them violently abusing someone or being rabidly attacked by someone. Most of the cops I've seen in real life were neither attacking nor being attacked by anyone. I can only conclude that video taping cops leads to cops and people around them being much more violent than they normally are.

Video

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          **** yeah, first thing I would say as a defendant is photoshop.
          I hope you are never a defendant

NO WAIT I HOPE YOU ARE, just, JUST SAY THAT, OFF YOU GO, OFF YOU GO TO POUND TOWN :MAD:

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            Everyone should wear a camera at all times. The evidence can help put guilty people away. It can also help protect people from being abused. Legal processes have extreme consequences for anyone involved. A routine encounter on the street can end with an innocent person shot. With stakes like that, it's important that any encounter with any human being be recorded.

The details can be worked out. Protocols can be established. Doing so being a "hassle" isn't an excuse. This is life and death. No amount of effort is too much.

Anyone who thinks otherwise shouldn't be part of the discussion.
            I agree. I think it would actually be possible to embed the surveillance devices in the head. There's a sinus right above the nose and between the eyes, it's easily big enough to fit a camera. The lens would be pushed through the skin. Listening devices could be placed in the ears, and a transmitting antenna could be place under the skin of the scalp. Crime would become impossible. Isn't truth a human right? Isn't being secure from personal and property crime a human right? Write your congressperson today and demand your rights!
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              Writers of yore would find their creativity at the bottom of a rum bottle.

Opium by the 18th Century. Thomas de Quincey, 'Confessions of An English Opium Eater'.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge used opium to counteract the fluid effects of an internal illness and happily ended up writing 'Kubla Khan'.

Scotland's relationship with Class A drugs long pre-dates Irvine Welsh's 'Trainspotting' too.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

People really shouldn't be worried about the police. They are the lowest people on the totem pole and are most of the times really just doing their jobs. It's the people whose badges they don't let you read that you really have to worry about.

Comment

I'd be ok with mandatory cameras for politicians too. Anyone engaged in the business of "the people." If you don't want to be on the record, that's what the private sector is for.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                    I'd be ok with mandatory cameras for politicians too. Anyone engaged in the business of "the people." If you don't want to be on the record, that's what the private sector is for.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                      double fisting four at a time

nom nom nom
                      At first, I thought this was a sex thing.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

It is.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

wouldn't that require 8 hands?
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                          X