X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java

"3 billion devices run Java"

Oracle has $45 billion of total equity.

And yet, the Java update still tries to install ask.com toolbar bloatware.

COME THE FUCK ON
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

What does Java actually do on a computer nowadays? I keep it shut down on my computer on general paranoid principle, and I don't notice any reduction my experience. I have noticed far fewer instances of malware hitting my computer.

This does not apply to javascript, much as I wish it would. That one still has its uses.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Fumbbl uses Java.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I need it to play Minecraft
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

+1

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
              What does Java actually do on a computer nowadays? I keep it shut down on my computer on general paranoid principle, and I don't notice any reduction my experience. I have noticed far fewer instances of malware hitting my computer.

This does not apply to javascript, much as I wish it would. That one still has its uses.
              The ****ers at the provincial bank require it, and there isn't any other bank (other than the national bank, and they are even worse) in the town where my family has a dairy farm.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Java is an excellent programming language that no one has any idea how to make money from.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Java is an excellent programming language that no one has any idea how to make money from.
                  Originally posted by Sava
                  Minecraft
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's open-source. They can't charge for it. And if they could, they'd make far more money from the thousands of businesses that use it for their internal software than from Minecraft.

Comment

Your statement should have been more clear. Seems like you are referring to Oracle.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oracle is awful. I miss Sun

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

**** ORACLE FOREVER

**** LARRY ELLISON

Oracle DB is a broken piece of ****. When it breaks you have to call Oracle to fix it. And it is always broken. This is why the standard joke about DBAs is that the difference between them and everyone else is that they know the Oracle phone number.

Comment

Oracle rage. I've not seen this before.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X