Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone own a Soda Stream carbonator system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey look! I'm not the only one on Apolyton who has ever quoted himself!
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Empty quoting needs to be enabled.

Comment

Unfortunately, Sodastream forces you to buy their CO2 tanks, which are very very expensive - on amazon it's a bit over $45 for a 60 liter tank, and that means 'carbonates 60 liters' not 'holds 60 liters of CO2'. 0.75 cents per liter means you're paying $1.50 for a 2 liter, just in carbonation costs (not counting the cost of the machine, nor of the syrup). I can usually do that well or better at the grocery store, thanks. You can get plain carbonated water for almost the same price at Trader Joes, as well.

If you are trying to actually save money, you have a lot of options. There are other systems that are compatible with more easily refillable tanks; and there are adapters for larger tanks (like paintball type CO2 tanks). Google about.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I approve of this
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        I approve of this

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                          Unfortunately, Sodastream forces you to buy their CO2 tanks, which are very very expensive - on amazon it's a bit over $45 for a 60 liter tank, and that means 'carbonates 60 liters' not 'holds 60 liters of CO2'. 0.75 cents per liter means you're paying $1.50 for a 2 liter, just in carbonation costs (not counting the cost of the machine, nor of the syrup). I can usually do that well or better at the grocery store, thanks. You can get plain carbonated water for almost the same price at Trader Joes, as well.

If you are trying to actually save money, you have a lot of options. There are other systems that are compatible with more easily refillable tanks; and there are adapters for larger tanks (like paintball type CO2 tanks). Google about.
                          You can get them for under $30 round our way...
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

As dauphin says, forget the syrup. You can carbonate cordial and it's as good as anything you can buy from the shop, with the added benefit of being healthier and much cheaper.
                            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post

Will do, Snoopy. Thanks.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X