A resurgence of tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A resurgence of tape?

Two recent articles from dissimilar sources got me thinking.

How music’s worst format has found a new life

Tape rescues big data

The AV Club article is about cassette tapes making a come back as novelty items, in spite of the fact that many people don't have cassette players anymore. The Economist (as is its wont) is a bit more serious, and it talks about the use of tape as a storage medium for large amounts of infrequently used data. I believe that the AV Club and the Economist are full of ****, because neither of them are pro-gun. Therefore everything they say is a lie and not to be trusted.

Also...

Spoiler:
    I hate you all, and I hope you all suffer from oozing sores upon your buttocks, so that sitting down is painful and gross.

I'm bored. I've given you a topic to discuss and a reason to be offended. Now entertain me with your responses.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

How will cassette tapes figure in the plan to disarm and enslave the American people...?

Comment

Go the whole hog and back up data on an abacus, while listening to wax cylinders. It'll be **** and sound ****, but at least you'll feel like a special little Luddite.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        How will cassette tapes figure in the plan to disarm and enslave the American people...?
        It's a cheap way to store tremendous amounts of data on patriotic Americans who feel the need to own anti-tank weapons. If the government were really on my side, they'd let us buy recoilless rifles without a background check.

Only a tyrant fears an armed citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
          Go the whole hog and back up data on an abacus, while listening to wax cylinders. It'll be **** and sound ****, but at least you'll feel like a special little Luddite.
          Lord Byron is my spirit guide, and he told me that the flower of English civilization was crushed under the foot of the Frame Breaking Act of 1812.

Abaci are a Muslim Brotherhood plot to infect our brains with the lies of mathematics. I restrict my studies to the Trivium of liberal arts.

Comment

I hate you all. Post here, please, so that I can bask in your idiocy.

Comment

If Lord Byron had his way the postal service would probably be smashing people's computers.

Comment

**** retro anything.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

If Lord Byron had his way the postal service would probably be smashing people's computers.
                  A small price to pay to never read another Burger King thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    **** retro anything.
                    **** all us junkies and **** our short memories.

Comment

Cassettes always sucked even when I regularly used them.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yes, Oerdin. GIVE ME MORE!

Comment

If Lord Byron had his way, our police forces would need to establish whole new departments to deal with the resulting charges of paranormal molestation, unnatural ethereal congress, and ghost-buggery. His daughter Ada had it right: math, math and lots of math, to bore his horny ghost back to sleep.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Analog.
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I just ordered a pallet of tape.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X