Oh Israel..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    Please explain how Israel claiming Jerusalem as its capital somehow disproves the notion that eastern Jerusalem is disputed.
    It's disputed in the same way the holocaust is disputed, incidentally by the same group of people that try to tell everyone that Jerusalem isn't Israel's capital.

In any case it's not a claim. They actually run the place. It is in fact Israeli territory, administered by Israel, and where Israel has located its government seat. It is its capital, in law and in fact.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I've claimed Vegas as my capital.

Get out you squatters!!
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
        I've claimed Vegas as my capital.

Get out you squatters!!
        When the police in Vegas answer to you and you have troops patrolling its streets, I will recognize your claim.

Comment

I'm not interested in your excuses.

It's clear you guys have ****ed the place up and I will do a better job.

Besides, The Supreme Ferret has promised that land to me.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            It's disputed in the same way the holocaust is disputed, incidentally by the same group of people that try to tell everyone that Jerusalem isn't Israel's capital.

In any case it's not a claim. They actually run the place. It is in fact Israeli territory, administered by Israel, and where Israel has located its government seat. It is its capital, in law and in fact.
            WTF? You can't equate a territorial dispute to a debate over historical fact. And you can't be surprised if there are Palestinian terrorists if Israelis take the attitude that they can just take whatever they want by force and the Palestinians will just have to live with it. After all, using violence to get what you want is perfectly legitimate!

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              WTF? You can't equate a territorial dispute to a debate over historical fact. And you can't be surprised if there are Palestinian terrorists if Israelis take the attitude that they can just take whatever they want by force and the Palestinians will just have to live with it.
              This is rich. You are aware of the events that led up to the capture of the old city of Jerusalem, aren't you? And do you really believe in evicting tens of thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of people who have resided there for their entire lives?

Comment

This is rich. You are aware of the events that led up to the capture of the old city of Jerusalem, aren't you? And do you really believe in evicting tens of thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of people who have resided there for their entire lives?
                BAWWW WE OCCUPIED IT FORTY YEARS AGO AND COLONIZED IT WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL COMPLAINING?

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
                  Three days before peace talks were scheduled to occur, the Israeli military farted on every Muslim living in Jerusalem
                  Originally posted by Hauldren Collider
                  Whatever, the only people who are complaining about this are the same people who deny the Holocaust and murder kittens
                  HC, I'm curious: in your opinion, what is what is the worst thing that the modern state of Israel has done? In general (e.g., by analogy, I think that the worst policy enacted by the US was the genocide of the Native Americans) or specifically (again, by analogy, the Trail of Tears).
                  Last edited by loinburger; August 11, 2013, 14:17.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The true irony is that HC probably doesn't see the irony here.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

And do you really believe in evicting tens of thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of people who have resided there for their entire lives?
                      You're talking about the Palestinians?
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I thought Jerusalem is the capital of Judah. Has the Bible lied to me?!
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

East Jerusalem should be the capital of a Palestinian state. There is no other viable way forward. I would like to see Jerusalem, as a whole, being an open city where Jews and Palestinians can live in any part of the city and live together in peace.

That being said, let's hope that this is just a bargaining chip for Israel and not an intentional derailment of yet unstarted peace talks.

Generations have been born into war over there and it will be difficult for all, but all sides must persevere.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I'm curious what would happen if we said "You know what, F*** this. We don't care about what happens in the Middle East anymore. Don't bomb us and don't use nukes and we'll leave you all alone.", and stopped all (federal) aid to all parties until they agreed to figure this out. Including Israel, Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon, and anybody else who feels they have a say in what happens.

Would they all suddenly make a deal? Or has Israel gotten to a point where they are effectively the regional hegemon and could not only survive but could dominate the region without a nickel of US support?
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                              http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3739508.html

Way to show you're serious about resolving any of this mess. I hate how hard they're making it to keep supporting them.
                              Hence my questioning your rationale behind supporting them in the other thread before this even came out...

Perhaps you're open minded enough to understand that what you're finally seeing really is the tip of a very large and very nasty iceberg that's been plying the seas for the last 65 years at least...

Note: B'Tselem is an Israeli human rights organisation. Um, AKA traitorous turncoats that should be executed against the nearest wall in HC's book...

Seriously, Kent, open your eyes!
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                                I'm curious what would happen if we said "You know what, F*** this. We don't care about what happens in the Middle East anymore. Don't bomb us and don't use nukes and we'll leave you all alone.", and stopped all (federal) aid to all parties until they agreed to figure this out. Including Israel, Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon, and anybody else who feels they have a say in what happens.

Would they all suddenly make a deal? Or has Israel gotten to a point where they are effectively the regional hegemon and could not only survive but could dominate the region without a nickel of US support?
                                Russia and China would rush in to fill any voids.
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X