• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The two-hour docudrama
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
      I'm sure the Secret Service regularly had agents who are inexperienced with their weapons guarding the President. Not nearly enough people in America are familiar with how to fire a handgun.
      I agree. I think every man woman and child should be trained in the use of firearms from the age of 5 to prevent tragic accidents such as this...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Oswald's name just so happens to begin with "os", just like Osama...
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

The lone gunman is probably right but if I had to go for a conspiracy theory it would be Oswald was the real Manchurian candidate.

The things that catch my eye about his story are:

he joined the Marines and was posted to a top secret sigint facility in North east asia, which would have brought him into contact with the intel community

there is a gap in his story after that and then he suddenly decides to go live in Russia, Minsk, said to have worked in a factory, yeah right!

he marries a Russian and then when he decides he doesn't like it there, is allowed to leave, and to take his wife with him, both unheard of at the time

he goes back to the USA and gets involved in the fair play for Cuba committee, a communist front organisation

he starts practicing marksmanship with a high powered rifle

he shoots Kennedy

That history would get the attention of anyone who has ever worked in government, and yet the Warren Commission glossed it all over
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The thing people forget about the Oswald accuracy bit: in a single instance or event, even fairly unlikely things may occur. For example, let's say he had a 10% chance of hitting each target (a good marksman would be much higher, but who knows). Hitting the president and the governor would be 1% chance; still possible 1 in 100 times - not zero. That's assuming the other shot was targetting the governor, which it probably was not. (Who knows, maybe both were targetting him?) We've had other presidents missed or nonfatally shot; we could be talking about the uncanny accuracy of Reagan or Ford's shooters instead of Oswald if things were different. Put me at a rifle range, let me shot 50 shots; I bet two of them hit the target in a row.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Quite true, the lucky shot is always possible.

Oswald was a Marine with very high scores for marksmanship, and he practiced with the rifle before the assasination, exactly what a trained sniper would do. He understood zeroing his weapon, adjusting sights for range and wind etc. He wasn't going to miss.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

hey so maybe the kennedy shooting was just a pretty lucky shot and there is no conspiracy!!!

I mean it is pretty amazing that Oswald was able to hit a man moving in two dimensions from his point of view with a ****ty Italian milsurp rifle but stranger things have happened.

edit: ah I see AH has gotten to this point first

Comment

I like the Bush family conspiracy theory best.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                      Oswald's name just so happens to begin with "os", just like Osama...
                      and begins with O like Obama.
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                      X