Secret Service Killed Kennedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Service Killed Kennedy

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA — Weeks before the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination this fall, a TV network will take another look at the killing in a docudrama that suggests a Secret Service agent fired one of the bullets that felled Kennedy.

ReelzChannel’s “JFK: The Smoking Gun” is based on the work of retired Australian police Detective Colin McLaren and the book “Mortal Error: The Shot that Killed JFK” by Bonar Menninger.

McLaren spent four years combing through evidence from Kennedy’s death on Nov. 22, 1963, in Dallas. He and Menninger also relied on ballistics evidence from an earlier book by Howard Donahue.

The two-hour docudrama airs Nov. 3 in the U.S., Canada and Australia. It suggests that agent George Hickey fired one of the bullets that hit Kennedy. Hickey, who is now dead, was riding in the car behind Kennedy’s limo that day.

“What we’re saying is that we believe it was a tragic accident in the heat of that moment,” McLaren told the Television Critics Association on Sunday.

When Lee Harvey Oswald fired his first shot, McLaren said Hickey responded by trying to fire back on Oswald’s position using his Secret Service-issued rifle. But because he was inexperienced with the weapon and the car lurched forward, McLaren said the shot went awry and accidentally hit Kennedy, who was struck in the neck but quite possibly not fatally wounded by Oswald’s second shot.

“We don’t suggest that he was in any way involved in a conspiracy,” McLaren said of Hickey.

The Warren Commission report in the 1960s concluded that Oswald was the lone gunman in officially explaining the assassination.

The program is ReelzChannel’s second Kennedy-related offering. In 2011, the cable channel aired “The Kennedys” after History Channel dropped the miniseries amid reports that the real-life Kennedy family was unhappy about the project.

I guess that would explain the short time period between shots....
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

I'm sure the Secret Service regularly had agents who are inexperienced with their weapons guarding the President. Not nearly enough people in America are familiar with how to fire a handgun.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
      Not nearly enough people in America are familiar with how to fire a handgun.

concur

Comment

was there a grassy knoll in the second car?
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post

I guess that would explain the short time period between shots....
          And the "magic bullet".
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
            I'm sure the Secret Service regularly had agents who are inexperienced with their weapons guarding the President. Not nearly enough people in America are familiar with how to fire a handgun.
            Just a couple of things...

One...it was a rifle:

Hickey responded by trying to fire back on Oswald’s position using his Secret Service-issued rifle
            Two...I find it very odd that a secret service member would be "inexperienced" with his weapon. Maybe in the early '60s they didn't get the same kind of training??????
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I heard this theory years ago. The weapon was an AR-15, not a handgun.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Just a couple of things...

One...it was a rifle:

Two...I find it very odd that a secret service member would be "inexperienced" with his weapon. Maybe in the early '60s they didn't get the same kind of training??????
                Secret Service personnel arent Tier 1 Operators.
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                  And the "magic bullet".
                  According to the single-bullet theory, a three-centimeter (1.2")-long copper-jacketed lead-core 6.5-millimeter rifle bullet fired from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository passed through President Kennedy’s neck and Governor Connally’s chest and wrist and embedded itself in the Governor’s thigh. If so, this bullet traversed 15 layers of clothing, 7 layers of skin, and approximately 15 inches of tissue, struck a necktie knot, removed 4 inches of rib, and shattered a radius bone.
                  Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                    Secret Service personnel arent Tier 1 Operators.
                    One would think...

Comment

I mean, honestly you just saw the president take a bullet, the one thing your job is supposed to prevent. If he didnt have adrenaline almost kill him it certainly would have made him less than accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                        I mean, honestly you just saw the president take a bullet, the one thing your job is supposed to prevent. If he didnt have adrenaline almost kill him it certainly would have made him less than accurate.
                        I would think so, but he just "happened" to shoot the President in the car in front of him by accident instead of the building behind and to his right. Adrenaline? I guess anything is possible. More likely he had his finger on the trigger, raised his weapon, and the car lurch caused him to discharge it at exactly the right instant to tag the President. Both sound a little far fetched for a trained SS agent, but who knows?

Comment

don't know why people can't accept that Oswald was just a very good shot
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I would think so, but he just "happened" to shoot the President in the car in front of him by accident instead of the building behind and to his right. Adrenaline? I guess anything is possible. More likely he had his finger on the trigger, raised his weapon, and the car lurch caused him to discharge it at exactly the right instant to tag the President. Both sound a little far fetched for a trained SS agent, but who knows?
                            It is leagues less far fetched than any other theory we have, including LHO shooting through two people cleanly.

Comment

Oh come on. You guys aren't falling for the Secret Service Conspiracy, are you?

Everyone knows it was the CIA.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X