No announcement yet.

Palace: Prince William's wife Kate in labor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, I have as little interest in the Royal Family's spawn as I do in golf or cricket. With any luck it wuill have Charles's ears, Diana's nose and Anne's teeth, with Prince Philip's sense of empathy.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      Charles is actually very popular. More people prefer William as the next monarch but royalty is not the X Factor. The important thing is that when it comes down to a simple 'Do you like Prince Charles?' question, he's actually very popular, and rightly so. He's been a great patron of a good many charities, including the wildly successful Prince's Trust program. He's a strong advocate for environmentalism (and was long before it was trendy) and the arts and is basically a really nice guy who does a lot of good things for the country.
      It is good to know that Charles is popular, but he has a "tough act to follow" for sure. It will be interesting to know if he will maintain that popularity once he wears the crown.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Given the inordinately large amount of tax money spent on each new member of the royal family, you folks really ought to think about population control. If you like, we can send over Bob Barker for a "spay and neuter your ruling class" campaign, assuming he hasn't died without my noticing.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The money doesn't increase if there are more of them. They get a small percentage of the crown estates income to share between them (simplistic summary). So not really tax money either.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

BBC headline: "Duchess in labour as world waits"

Holy cow, people have gone insane.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Charles will forever linked to his tampon comment. Not exactly monarch material.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                Charles is actually very popular.

Whut?
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

WHO GIVES A FLYING ****?

I do not understand why even British people give a ****, let alone us Yanks. Jesus tap dancing Christ.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    Charles will forever linked to his tampon comment. Not exactly monarch material.
                    I'm sure Bugs can write up a nice post regarding "monarch material".
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      WHO GIVES A FLYING ****?

I do not understand why even British people give a ****, let alone us Yanks. Jesus tap dancing Christ.
                      Because its better than us trying to crown the Kennedys or the Bushs again?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If you're a Yank and you care, it means you must have a vagina.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          Is this an alternate history you're writing or something?

Comment

/MDWM
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                              If you're a Yank and you care, it means you must have a vagina.
                              Fixed.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Don't be silly, it's a Clinton next. The Bush clan won't be back in again until 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X