No announcement yet.

Rolling Stone magazine is pure crap!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revel in the times you're living in, because this Rolling Stone cover is going to be remembered as one of the greatest magazine covers ever.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
      I think this shot would have made a better cover than the Glam one they went with:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]174648[/ATTACH]
      You are right. That entire series of photos makes him look like a POW, and Americans traditionally try to forget about the as quickly as possible.
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        Rolling Stone is a magazine for baby boomer 60s liberals. Of course it's terrible. Those three things are the three worst things America has ever produced.
        How oddly modest of you for once.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          The last is quite possible. Peru has a huge Chinese population. Not so many that you see the characters all over the place, but a lot.
          Brazil has a more than a few Brazilians of Japanese descent. I know, I met a beautiful Japanese-Brazilian baroque opera singer. She couldn't read Japanese characters however, and her spoken Japanese was limited too.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            It says a lot that you think the decade that brought Civil Rights was worse than any of the decades that we had slavery.
            Not forgetting McCarthyism, H.U.A.C., the organized crime of the 20s & 30s- pick any ghastly aspect of U.S. history and poor H.C. will happily ignore it in favour of trashing Jane Fonda and Bill Clinton and voter registration.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              I dunno I never actually looked at the cover, I just saw rolling stone and boston bomber and connected the dots
              Which is obviously more than your 'brain' did with your 'thoughts'.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Mr Fun, there's Gay,,,and then there's you. You are SO flaming. Do other Gays, by and large, appreciate you speaking for them?
                Some people will witness how you are and automatically condemn all Gays. How do you feel about that?
                About the same way you'd feel if people used Bushbaby to condemn all Texans, I expect. I'm not aware Mr Fun was speaking for me- I'd always thought I did that rather well myself.

Comment

People DO use Bush to condemn all Texans.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Thankfully we have Slowwhand.

Anyway, looks like Rolling Stone got exactly what they wanted out the photo: people are talking about Rolling Stone now.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Exactly.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        People DO use Bush to condemn all Texans.
                        Then dose people be dumb.

Comment

• The Market has spoken:

The cover, which critics said "glamorized" Tsarnaev, was banned from pharmacies and supermarkets, denounced by Boston's mayor, defended and trashed in the media, and even targeted in a proposed public burning campaign.

But, according to AdWeek, the issue sold more than double Rolling Stone's usual average newsstand sales.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Of course it did. It's a guaranteed collectable now.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                            X