Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Bourbons be reinstated as monarchs of Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like putting Bourbon in baked beans and letting it simmer for a while.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Empress Juana of Spain doesn't get nearly enough press. .Juana Empress of Castile/Trastamara
      If you mean Joanna The Mad, caressing your husband's body after he's exited life has that effect on most people. They hesitate to form fan clubs.

Then there's you of course.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        I like putting Bourbon in baked beans and letting it simmer for a while.
        Me too.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Bourbon makes a great sauce.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
            If you mean Joanna The Mad, caressing your husband's body after he's exited life has that effect on most people. They hesitate to form fan clubs.

Then there's you of course.
            Juana la Loca
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
              Me too.
              See. We aren't so different you and I!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                See. We aren't so different you and I!

I would imagine far more alike than different actually. Still...there is that nagging liberal thing....
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I think we should put a bottle of bourbon in charge of Texas. It couldn't be any worse than their current state goverment.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                    Juana la Loca
                    As monarchs/rulers go, her name is up there with Bonyak the Scabby in my list of favourites. Along with Ragnar Hairy Britches, Ivar The Boneless, and so on.

Pedro the Cruel was, by all accounts, which given the times means he REALLY must have been.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                    X