No announcement yet.

How good is Steam at taking your money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the new Civ5 expansion goes on sale I'd even buy that even though I think Civ5 sucks. I already have all the other expansions so why not?

Right now they're still selling it for $29.99 and I refuse to pay full price because I'm a cheap bastard like that.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        MOBIUS and Aeson. You aren't gamers? Or just don't use Steam?

I thought this was a gaming website. C'mon people

Steam sale starts in 18 minutes! wooooo
        I have achieved PC gaming transcendence. I have become one with games and no longer need to buy and play them as they are part of me, and I part of them. It's like Neo in the Matrix... I just headshot you using a wall-hack while armed with a chainsaw and you weren't even logged in adn the game (Counterstrike VS Doom 2020) doesn't even exist yet.

The downside to all of this is that PC gaming is no longer a challenge to me. So I have moved on to more worthy pursuits such as free flash games on Facebook. Will I ever be able to have every Vietnamese person as a friend sending me gifts of Food and Gold? Will my account be banned for spamming requests to people on my friends list for every single new game that comes out? Is there a way for me to change a few lines of code and have a new fansite that will make me literally several of dollars a month? These are interesting questions that keep me coming back for more ...

Comment

Yeah, why are there so many Vietnamese people on Facebook games?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            If the new Civ5 expansion goes on sale I'd even buy that even though I think Civ5 sucks. I already have all the other expansions so why not?

Right now they're still selling it for $29.99 and I refuse to pay full price because I'm a cheap bastard like that.
            The world congress and the way caravans work are both pretty cool. Not 30 dollars cool, but much better than vanilla. Haven't gotten up to the modern ideologies though.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
              Lt. Bob's 34 civ mod

I just edited the worldinfo.xml per these instructions to increase the world size.

I found I had modify other xmls to keep it from being a resource desert, and also make quests a little more manageable (building 35 swordmen or triremes I could do; settling 35 different land masses was a bit much).

Next game I plan to add the "Extra" mod into the mix.
              I clicked one of those links and saw some strange stuff. Can anybody explain to me what "Moderator Action" means? It's like some ****ed up alternate reality Civ site where mods do things. I thought we all outgrew that years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                I clicked one of those links and saw some strange stuff. Can anybody explain to me what "Moderator Action" means? It's like some ****ed up alternate reality Civ site where mods do things. I thought we all outgrew that years ago.
                srsly

I never cared for Civfanatics' off-topic community. They don't understand things like sarcasm over there. And everyone is an extremist there... moreso than here.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  The world congress and the way caravans work are both pretty cool. Not 30 dollars cool, but much better than vanilla. Haven't gotten up to the modern ideologies though.
                  I just noticed that this week steam made BNW available free of charge to people who own the other expansions for Civ5 so I plan on playing it a bit first while I wait for it to go on sale. I tried one game with the Romans and founded the ancestor worship pantheon but I have no idea how to progress after that even though I have shrines in all my cities and two temples as well as a worship balance of over 200. Any idea how to add stuff to my religion or even how to turn it into an actual religion?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

There are some very sad specimens on Civfanatics. Think unattractive 29 year old women who live at home, never date and require their parents' permission to go to gaming conventions. Or 79 year old Vietnam vets who think the Matrix is a documentary. Those are the mods.

Comment

I just noticed that this week steam made BNW available free of charge to people who own the other expansions for Civ5 so I plan on playing it a bit first while I wait for it to go on sale. I tried one game with the Romans and founded the ancestor worship pantheon but I have no idea how to progress after that even though I have shrines in all my cities and two temples as well as a worship balance of over 200. Any idea how to add stuff to my religion or even how to turn it into an actual religion?
                      Keep accumulating faith until you get a great prophet you ******.

OH EELLO MY WARSHIP BALANCE POWER LEVEL IS OVER 200 WHARES MY FAITHS POINTS

Get BENT.

Comment

Wait, Civ 5 is actually playable now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          srsly

I never cared for Civfanatics' off-topic community. They don't understand things like sarcasm over there. And everyone is an extremist there... moreso than here.
                          My screen name there is *****. What surprises me is that someone would be open minded enough to know what my name means, and prude enough to be bothered by it. Only at CFC.

You need a great prophet to found a real religion, which should be coming up soon at 200 faith. I get mine after 300 on epic, but I'm not sure what the number is for normal. Once it's founded, a second GP lets you enhance it, and all GPs after that are just super missionaries. The tie in with trade caravans is pretty cool, since they can be used to help beef up your spread.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            I just wish the AI understood artillery with a range of 3 hexes does not ever belong 1 hex from a ****ing city. That should be so trivial to program it is astonishing it is still a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              1UPT still bugs me, but the game is much better than it used to be. The non-combat elements have had a huge overhaul.

Comment

I've said before, the SoD problem AND road spaghetti could be solved pretty simply by just making enemies able to use your roads. Suddenly the front is all on and around your roads. I'd love to see a mod that addressed this, removed 1upt and rebalanced units, then adjusted the AI accordingly. Unfortunately the AI work involved in that would probably be a bit of an asspain.

Comment

Working...
                                X