No announcement yet.

How good is Steam at taking your money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Steam doing the big summer sale again? I spent a bit too much on gog.com's sale over the past few weeks, but I'm always happy to waste more money on games I'll never get around to playing.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      Yeah. It's good. If I can find the DLC on sale, I'll probably get it.
      Actually, I lied. They have a special bundle called the Gold Edition with all the DLC for just $11.89. I will be buying it but not now since every time I try to add it to my cart I get a 403 error.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
        Is Steam doing the big summer sale again? I spent a bit too much on gog.com's sale over the past few weeks, but I'm always happy to waste more money on games I'll never get around to playing.
        Yup! It's happening now. A lot of deals are time sensitive. But don't go on there now. Steam is overloaded due to traffic.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Actually, I lied. They have a special bundle called the Gold Edition with all the DLC for just $11.89. I will be buying it but not now since every time I try to add it to my cart I get a 403 error.
          Yeah. I managed to get Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition in the cart, but can't checkout.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working now! Seems like they added servers or something.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ooh! I found a fun little racing game called AudioSurf that is basically a glorified visualizer/music player... for $2.49

Nobody here will like the music, but here's an example vid. Trippy

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

WTF is the Admiral Edition and why does it cost $29.95? That's almost three times the price of the Emperor Edition or Gold Edition with all the DLC.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Also, other sites are having competing sales right now too. Gamersgate, Gog, greenmangames... the usual suspects.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Lots of good racing games for sale. Grid 1 is $3.75. Grid 2 just came out and is discounted at $30. I'll pick that one up in a few months or so when it gets around $9-10
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                      And you built that nice PC... what do you do with it?
                      Playing Civ IV modded to play all 34 civs on a six continent map five times the size of the largest normal map in both dimensions, raging barbs, maxed everything.

It's pulling six GB of physical memory, no lags, no crashes, even while rapidly zooming in and out.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                        Playing Civ IV modded to play all 34 civs on a six continent map five times the size of the largest normal map in both dimensions, raging barbs, maxed everything.

It's pulling six GB of physical memory, no lags, no crashes, even while rapidly zooming in and out.

What mods?

That sounds ****ing fantastic.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ack Steam store down again!
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Lt. Bob's 34 civ mod

I just edited the worldinfo.xml per these instructions to increase the world size.

I found I had modify other xmls to keep it from being a resource desert, and also make quests a little more manageable (building 35 swordmen or triremes I could do; settling 35 different land masses was a bit much).

Next game I plan to add the "Extra" mod into the mix.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Nice! Thanks! I have so much to play now. But this is a good problem to have.

Also, I just ordered me a 50 inch plasma that's coming Friday. I've got one downstairs. This one is going to be just for the PC... to go along with the 30'' Dell (at 2560x1600) and 27'' 1080p Asus (1ms response) I've got. Next month, I'm going to look into doing a 5760x1080 setup on three 120hz monitors.

There are certainly things to complain about with regards to modern gaming. But for me, I'm definitely in a golden age. Disposable income, check. Lots of choices, check. Good hardware, check. Good games, check. Girlfriend who likes gaming, check.

And GTA V is coming out soon
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Commandos 2 for $0.99
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X