No announcement yet.

If abortion was to be made illegal ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normative Discourse and Salvadoran Nationalism: A Survey of Psycho-Sexual Values totally changed my perspective on those guys hanging out at the Home Depot.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Cool, then you don't have to blow smoke out of your arse when someone who also read it calls you out on a bold statement.
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• I'm not too worried about that happening.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
          Wait, so when he annoys you over getting trivial **** wrong, it's petty, but when other people annoy him over getting trivial **** wrong, it's comedy gold? How does that work?
          People don't annoy him over getting trivial **** wrong, they annoy him for bringing up trivial **** dug up from five minutes of googling. It was comedy gold because of two things: Firstly, Molly failing to understand the very basic concept of demonstrated preference, and arguing against it with meaningless trivial cultural background knowledge; Second, getting that background knowledge wrong because it was part of his broader forum posting strategy of conjuring up irrelevant details to seem smart in lieu of an actual cogent argument.

Here he is claiming that his knowledge of Xhosa in the mines comes from a book about gay miners in South Africa, which I suspect either doesn't mention who speaks what in the mines (and was only brought up by molly under the correct assumption that nobody has read it, and nobody will, so nobody can contradict him), or mentions a Xhosa speaker in passing, which lead to a false assumption on Molly's part that miners in South Africa speak Xhosa.

Not that any of this actually matters, because the debate was about whether miners in South Africa would rather be subsistence farmers than miners. Which clearly they wouldn't, because they aren't. Molly, not wanting to accept this rather straightforward line of reasoning, decided to query Kuciwalker about whether he knew about the gumboot line dance or could speak Xhosa. Jaguar then came in and pwned him.

Comment

• Actually, come to think of it, the book's title is "migration and male sexuality" which if what Molly is saying about it is true, that means it's presumably about people migrating from the Eastern Cape to go work in the mines in the Johannesburg area. Which means that they would prefer to go work in the mines for low wages than whatever they were doing in the Eastern Cape. Which proves Kuciwalker's point, whether or not the miners speak Xhosa or Zulu or Sotho or whatever. And that's in Molly's own source material, so one way or another he's got a critical reasoning problem.

Comment

• Actually actually here's a third thought, what if that book is actually an erotic novel about the story of a man who travels all the way across south africa to fulfill his fantasy of getting his ass pounded 500 feet underground? God damn maybe they do need to hire Ryan Gosling. It can be called Brokeback Mountain II: Zesty Zulus.

Comment

• Okay, but I wouldn't call that funny. Sort of depressing, actually.

I noticed a Zylka thread in the "similar threads" box down there but I can't bump it--probably because it's been archived. Alas. It also features Ned, tehban and Stefu, among others. Holy crap, Giancarlo's in there too.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• tehban shows every once in a while.

Zylka

Ned

and Stefu

Shame they are gone.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Yes it is.

Giancarlo otoh..............
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• I WILL THROW YOU FROM A HELICOPTER

you criminal
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        I WILL THROW YOU FROM A HELICOPTER

you criminal
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                          Hold on! Have some posters here still not read Migrancy & Male Sexuality On The South African Gold Mines by Moodie, Ndatshe, and Sibuyi? It was the most important work to come from the entire 1986 Conference on Culture and Consciousness in Southern Africa. I expected better from you all.

Gosh, how cutting. And you got props from Sister Bendy, the Patron Saint of Apartheid supporting Polytubbies !

People don't annoy him over getting trivial **** wrong, they annoy him for bringing up trivial **** dug up from five minutes of googling.
                          Poor reg mediocrity, proving that the old ones are just the old ones, they don't improve with age, either in veracity or wit. I called out your wee wifie several times over this- if I just googled that essay say, rather than read it in a book called 'Hidden From History' published quite possibly before either of you grade A tw@ts were born, then why is it that with your much-vaunted geek skills, neither of you seem able to find the sites I allegedly google for this stuff, or for that matter why do you both keep making elementary mistakes when it comes to 20th/21st Century history and politics ?

I know- 'cos you're both dumbasses, in your parlance.

Here he is claiming that his knowledge of Xhosa in the mines comes from a book about gay miners in South Africa, which I
                          Here he's doing nothing of the sort. English not your first language, comprehension failing you ? It was an essay, in a book of essays, about a wide range of subjects.

My knowledge of the Xhosa comes from knowing about the history of Southern Africa- and knowing some South Africans.

or mentions a Xhosa speaker in passing, which lead to a false assumption on Molly's part that miners in South Africa speak Xhosa
                          I'm not assuming anything of the sort. Pity your memory is as bad as your comprehension on this. Why not quote the original thread and my posts ? The mocking tone of my first remarks to Kuciwalker (that well-known scion of the international working classes) were obvious, I thought.

Jaguar then came in and pwned him.
                          Yeah, that's so true. You sad little man.

Actually actually here's a third thought
                          Careful- don't want to use up your yearly quota all in one go.
                          Save one for when you really need it- like when you have your next dump.

"migration and male sexuality"
                          And once again for the hard of reading : it's an essay, not a book.

that means it's presumably about people migrating from the Eastern Cape to go work in the mines in the Johannesburg area.
                          Presumption and assumption- you're full of 'em.

It can be called Brokeback Mountain II: Zesty Zulus.
                          You're desperately in need of a blowjob. Either that or you haven't had something hard in your hands, jerking and shooting hot stuff out recently.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                          X