Rant of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant of the Day

Anyone here got anything to rant about? I'm really pissed off with my college lecturers atm. I just got an essay mark back and I got a much worse mark than expected, because the lecturer didn't understand that words like inasmuch, or afflicted, exist.

****ing retards.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

My client has been reorganizing for over two months, leaving me to twiddle my thumbs.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

these little tiny ants keep going after the dry cat food in the laundry room

and i can't use ant spray because we have 4 cats here now (2 are my sisters)

i vacuum them up with the handheld vacuum

but there's a never ending stream of them

i bleached the floor where they are coming in

that works for a little bit

but soon enough, they figure out a way around the clean area

****ING ANTS
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Today... uh... today is going pretty well, actually. I can reach back into my mental archives and pull out an old rant, if that's allowed.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

do it
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh, well, there's the ever-reliable... I have a meaningless job that wastes taxpayer dollars and should be done by a computer.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

But it would cost more to pay someone with leet skillz to program the computer than to get you to sit there for 8 hours a day.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

In the perfect world he could be trained with those leet skillz so it wouldn't cost any more.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You guys are underestimating the banality of my job. I wouldn't need any training to program a computer to do this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
                    But it would cost more to pay someone with leet skillz to program the computer than to get you to sit there for 8 hours a day.
                    That's okay, Loin is just twiddling his thumbs at the moment anyway.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Depending on the system, it might be that they're more concerned about CYA than cost, for example if Lori is doing data entry on a system that tracks surveillance videos of people's booger-picking habits then in the long run it would be cheaper to pay me to automate the data entry process and then fire Lori, but then I might steal all of the booger-picking surveillance videos and sell them to the Chinese whereas Lori probably doesn't have enough access to the system to do this.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Don't worry, the NSA would have seen you do it anyway.

Comment

if you're going to send me something to translate, please make sure that it is decently written enough to make sense and not full of basic spelling and grammatical errors.

if it sounds ridiculous in portuguese, it's not going to sound very good when i put it into english. you can't polish a turd and all that.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

hehe... Polish turd...
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
                              Anyone here got anything to rant about? I'm really pissed off with my college lecturers atm. I just got an essay mark back and I got a much worse mark than expected, because the lecturer didn't understand that words like inasmuch, or afflicted, exist.

****ing retards.
                              Show him that they exist in the dictionary and then respectfully demand the marks attributable to those over sights get retracted. If he refuses then take your complaint to the head of the department though this is dangerous because it could piss him off.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X