US Supreme Court gelds Voting Rights Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
    Sorry, not Oliver North, but Stanford Parris, who ran a write-in campaign.
    Um... In the 1989 Virginia Governor's election, write in candidates in TOTAL get 0.11%:

You add that entire amount to Coleman's and you get 49.87%. Which is still less than Wilder's 50.13%.

So basically, it didn't really matter.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
      Provocative and unsupported comments are all that keeps you relevant at Apolyton.
      You forgot my avatar.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Had an interesting conversation about court's ruling on part of Voting Rights Act with one of my friends earlier today who happens to be a black woman.

She said that most black people refer to Clarence Thomas as an uncle Tom.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• It just shows that black folks can be racist as well - as long as you don't tow the right political line, you are not consider "black" enough.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Black folks can only be racist if they're from the south.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              It just shows that black folks can be racist as well - as long as you don't tow the right political line, you are not consider "black" enough.
              A lot of people are bewildered how a black man who had lived during the time of the Civil Rights movement could gut the Voting Rights Act.

Some people think it's kinda like putting your umbrella away while you're outside during a rainstorm thinking you don't need it, since you're dry.

Comment

• A lot of people are idiots. Some people are full fledged retards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  A lot of people are idiots. Some people are full fledged retards.
                  You looked in the mirror when you typed this, didn't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    A lot of people are bewildered how a black man who had lived during the time of the Civil Rights movement could gut the Voting Rights Act.
                    You mean someone is intellectually honest enough to be against an unconstitutional law that may benefit him and his family?

Who are they to tell someone that he isn't "acting black enough"? What if someone said you weren't acting gay enough? You ok with that? Why are bullying words ok here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      You mean someone is intellectually honest enough to be against an unconstitutional law that may benefit him and his family?

Who are they to tell someone that he isn't "acting black enough"? What if someone said you weren't acting gay enough? You ok with that? Why are bullying words ok here?
                      No one said anything about "acting black enough". I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Comment

• Isn't that the connotation of calling him an Uncle Tom?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          No one said anything about "acting black enough". I'm not sure where you got that idea.
                          People say that all the time about black conservatives, especially Clarence Thomas. It's telling that leftists like MrFun patronize blacks and treat them as a monolithic entity instead of human beings with their own opinions and views.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                            Isn't that the connotation of calling him an Uncle Tom?
                            No, the connotation is that he's allegedly collaborating with the oppression of black people.

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                            People say that all the time about black conservatives, especially Clarence Thomas. It's telling that leftists like MrFun patronize blacks and treat them as a monolithic entity instead of human beings with their own opinions and views.
                            Troll harder.

Comment

• The original "Troll Hard" was better.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I do my best.

Comment

Working...
                                X