• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    Asher?

Rain or snow melt?
    Rain
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hang in there. I know the feeling of a flood.

Comment

Inside the Saddledome:

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
          Asher?

Rain or snow melt?
          Rain. There were 12 hours in which the amount of rain equalled double the average rainfall for this month. THe result was essentially a huge flash flood. Southern Alberta is pretty dry generally so the rivers are not that deep or wide and there are really no large lakes to handle the runoff.

Although things seem to have crested in Calgary. I do fear for the communities downstream as this surge heads towards them. At least they have some more forewarning.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by RedFred View Post
            Great to hear most people seem to be safe.

The pictures from High River were even more dramatic. Have they ever considered changing their name to something less jinxed?
            High River is one of the most frequently flooded communities and I have considered the community name to be somewhat ironic given the amount of low lying land that seems to flood
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Saskatoon might be in for it in a week or two.

Comment

It looks about average for when the Flames play.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I would just like to personally thank the poster that stuck with Apolyton Tradition by giving an Oerdin-Thrade™ its proper rating.

OK, Please continue...
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

This reminds me very much of the Nashville flood of 2010. It is incredibly eerie to see downtowns under water. Nashville pulled together and recovered very quickly...although there are still recovery efforts ongoing even today. I have no doubt that Calgary's response will be similar.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Looks like the train won't be running anytime soon:

Comment

Maybe it is just the first ride for Calgary Disneyland!
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                          Saskatoon might be in for it in a week or two.
                          They have drastically increased the flow from the dam to make room, so the river is as high as it's ever been right now and might stay that way for a little while but hopefully that means no flooding.
                          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I heard Medicine Hat has also been evacuated, yes?
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yes, about 10,000 people have been evacuated there. I'm surprised you know of the town.

They had a lot more warning so it's not going to be too bad. The military has built ****s around critical infrastructure (transformers, water treatment plants, etc).

There was a call out for volunteers to help clean things up to meet at McMahon Stadium & the Saddledome, and the turnout was so high they had to turn away thousands of people.

Comment

Working...
                              X