The Last of Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last of Us

Everyone is creaming their pants over this game. Loads of review sites are giving it a perfect score.

I watched a gameplay walkthrough. I don't understand the hype.

First, zombie survival games suck. There is nothing fun or interesting about them. Fast zombies are just annoying.

Second, this game is QTE hell on steroids. You can't walk five feet without some random zombie jumping out at you, forcing you press a button quickly or you die... only to be respawned moments before... so you can do it correctly.

Did IQ's drop sharply for individuals born after 1990? It seems the younger crowd loves this crap.

Third, the game as being praised as a literary masterpiece. As with Bioshock:Infinite, this ain't Citizen ****ing Kane.

The plot of this game is dreadful. It's like that movie Cloverleaf, but with zombies.

Stories don't make a great video game. At best, they can be fun-bad... appreciated ironically for how horrible they suck.

Any video lauded for its story has weak gameplay.

The Last of Us is the worst modern gaming has to offer. QTE hell, linear gameplay, and a b-movie story.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    Did IQ's drop sharply for individuals born after 1990? It seems the younger crowd loves this crap.
    If you had a gun maybe they'd get off your lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      If you had a gun maybe they'd get off your lawn.

Even as a child, I was a cranky old bastard.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And now as a cranky old bastard you still behave like a child
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
          And now as a cranky old bastard you still behave like a child
          I know, right? I need to pick a lane.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Don't talk to me about picking lanes - today I almost had an accident when the car to my left started to change lane - had to jump on the brake and drive halfways off the road

Try guessing age and gender of the other driver
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

45/m?

I don't think bad driving is based on gender. Most everyone is a horrible driver.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Any video lauded for its story has weak gameplay.

Nope.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                  Nope.
                  Name one.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think I'm going to give up on video games. I'm looking at the landscape of gaming and it's suckitude.

Everything out now sucks. Most everything in the last few years sucks. Everything on the horizon sucks. It's just zombie bull****, story games, military shooters, sports game yearly updates (and not on PC, where it could at least look cool), MMO's, free2play crap, retro platformers... modern iterations of classic franchises have been dumbed down for the mainstream... Civ, Simcity.

There are a few promising titles here and there... planetary annihilation, cube world... but they are stuck in development hell. Sure, pay for "alpha" access and play a buggy, incomplete game.

I stare at my Steam library the way you open the fridge and are like, "meh, nothing good to eat".

The most fun gaming experience I've had lately is modding GTA IV on PC and creating random mayhem.

BUGGER
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Clockwork Empires seems cool.

So that's three games.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I SPOKE TOO SOON
                        Last edited by Sava; June 18, 2013, 19:52. Reason: lulz
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Games that demand fast reflexes aren't inherently bad. QTEs are annoying but QTE-like push the button quick stuff can be entertaining and keep you on your toes.

Comment

The plot of this game is dreadful. It's like that movie Cloverleaf, but with zombies.
                            Cloverfield had no story, or at least tried its darnest not to have one. That's part of what made it an awesome movie.
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Name one.
                              The Half-Life series, original Bioshock...
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                              X