No announcement yet.

We just bought a Sydney terrace house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juanita Nielson's house is currently on the market.

The Potts Point house that anti-development campaigner Juanita Nielsen died to protect is for sale - and ironically it could go to developers. The Victoria Street terrace owned by the publisher and heiress in the 1970s has been listed with a price guide of more than $879,000.

It looks like it is just as she left it, though it has had an update, seventies decor, like a shrine

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Nice discussion about that topic,very beautiful house. I have never such a beautiful house in Sydney because i have sent my holidays in Sydney.In according to me,It is very expensive house.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
        Juanita Nielson's house is currently on the market.

The Potts Point house that anti-development campaigner Juanita Nielsen died to protect is for sale - and ironically it could go to developers. The Victoria Street terrace owned by the publisher and heiress in the 1970s has been listed with a price guide of more than $879,000.

It looks like it is just as she left it, though it has had an update, seventies decor, like a shrine

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/Fo...did=2010411894

Spooky. When I was first in Australia in 1998 I read about the case having only seen the film. Since then the world of Australian crime in fact and literature has proved mighty interesting to me.... I used to enjoy the rerun serials on ABC such as 'Janus' too- can't imagine why THEY weren't picked up for showing over in G.B.- much more staisfying than 'Neighbours'...
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Have you seen Phoenix? It is based on the investigation into the Russell Street bombing, my personal favorite, gritty realism and captures the internal pressures on police very well.

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I could marry your butt avatar and we could claim Sparky was our love child.
            Rick Santorum warned me about this. You allow gays to marry... next thing you know we've got man on avatar love happening.

Liberals
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sparky as love interest?

Comment

My Lord, the house up the road went for $1.9 million at auction today

I think we did okay

Comment

That's a nice balcony there.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Have you seen Phoenix? It is based on the investigation into the Russell Street bombing, my personal favorite, gritty realism and captures the internal pressures on police very well.

Yes- I used to love the ABC's serials and also how it showed old black and white British films in the wee small hours. And of course SBS for those great films and documentaries from abroad. One of my dvds of the 'Engrenages/Spiral' French thriller series is actually an SBS label one- bought sealed in a charity shop in Walthamstow (about 30-35 mins on the bus from where I live).

And there's a huge retrospective of Aussie art coming to Lonon in late Summer/early Autumn- I'm quite excited, but I will have seen a lot of it already. But oh the joy of seeing some Tom Roberts or Grace Cossington Smith or Lin Onus works again...
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Does this one have a nice balcony Colon?

Click image for larger version

Name:	95A70FAA-D277-BDA7-57EEB6F154B76173_m.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	9095561

That's my new Sydney house, so you better say yes

Comment

What's going to happen if I don't say yes?
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Your Christmas card for this year gets canceled.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                            What's going to happen if I don't say yes?
                            You might get invited to stay. Of course you would have to bring chocolate

Comment

The balcony looks nice, but I don't like the classical portal to the left.

Comment

WRT to the classical portal... Is that one doorway for two different houses? It looks like Horse's house is on the right (with the lights on) and the neighbor's house is on the left (with the lights off).
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X