• Show
Clear All

• We just bought a Sydney terrace house

Click image for larger version

Name:	skylight_house_5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	9135640

This one is not my house but you get the idea.

I'm having trouble getting Mrs Horse not to hang washing over the ornate wrought iron balcony....she says others up the street are doing it...

I always wanted to own a terrace, such a Sydney thing...

Mrs Horse has also found the neighborhood is full of new Australians like herself so she is quite happy, fits in well. I imagine they are all hanging their washing out like her...

Massive unpack in progress, our Sydney base, slowly going home, the house is in an area I spent many happy days as a child..
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

congrats
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Thanks Sava It has done wonders for my sex life. I haven't washed in three days, not sure if it's that or the house...
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

hmmm
        washing = shower?

also
        congrats about more sexy time
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

no shower too busy

Comment

i shower many times a day
            and i use the handheld shower head to rinse my butt after every poop
            TP just doesn't cut it anymore
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Our purchase was need-driven but we were very lucky to get in when we did - Sydney property prices have gone nuts again and we bought in the zone this story is about, just before it took off...

A PERFECT storm of cashed-up buyers and a severe shortage of inner-city properties has sparked a buying frenzy, with properties within a 10km radius of the city smashing reserve prices by more than $100,000.

Agents in Redfern, Surry Hills and Waterloo have become tour guides, showing hundreds of groups through open house inspections and handing out contracts like gift shop brochures.

Last week a 150-year-old four-bedroom terrace house in Devonshire St, Surry Hills, was snapped up at auction for $1.355 million - a staggering $295,000 above reserve.

"We were extremely surprised with the result," Belle Property Surry Hills' Charles Touma said. "It was under-developed, had a 12-month lease, speculation of a tram line coming into the area.

"We couldn't believe the interest and the result."

For the same amount buyers could get up to four similar properties in Mt Druitt. The amount by which it exceeded its reserve would be enough for a three-bedroom house in the outer west.

Experts believe conditions are ripe for inner-city sellers thanks to the combination of improving consumer confidence, stock market stability and low interest rates forcing buyers off the fence and into the market, bringing years of extra savings with them.

A substantial shortage of quality properties means that when a good property is released, the effect is like lobbing a hot chip into a carpark full of seagulls.

"There is a critical lack of supply and a larger number of people qualified to buy close to the city," Century 21 chairman Charles Tarbey said.

"It's not the number of homes available, it's where they are located.

"There might be thousands of properties listed in NSW but most are in country towns and areas where no one wants to buy. The city is short on quality listings."

Great recent results have enticed vendors to shun private sales offers and force emotionally invested buyers to do battle at auction.

"Everybody wants an auction when they see the interest their property is getting," said Jose Cabeleira of Ray White Marrickville, who is selling a two-bedroom deceased estate at 77 Kepos St, Redfern.

"We were anticipating $700,000 but in one week we received five offers and decided to take it to auction. We think it will pass $800,000."

A likely Coalition election win is also fuelling business confidence, which has a knock-on effect to inner-city property, according to Wilson Property Agents principal Adrian Wilson.

He recently sold an apartment in North Sydney for $170,000 higher than its price guide and another on Sydney's Liverpool St for almost $100,000 above expectation.

"This year, we have negotiated above the asking price on properties in the CBD for the first time in 18 months," Mr Wilson said. "I am finding that those spending $1 million-plus on properties are more confident with a potential change of government."

The latest RP Data figures show yearly median increases in Redfern (5.1 per cent), Surry Hills (3 per cent) and Waterloo (16.8 per cent) and comes after a correction period for city properties, according to RP Data research analyst Cameron Kusher.

"We have certainly seen auction clearance rates picking up in Sydney," Mr Kusher said. "It is still 10 to 15 per cent lower than in 2009, but looking much better than the last couple of years."
              This would be us

the combination of improving consumer confidence, stock market stability and low interest rates forcing buyers off the fence and into the market, bringing years of extra savings with them.
              We wanted something closer to school...It was a very nervous wait for the house to settle, the seller tried to get out of it but I got him locked into a contract early Feb and he had bought elsewhere so he had to close, after some delaying tactics...

We noticed the evaporating supply and had to jump in
              Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 6, 2013, 10:45.

Comment

Wow, so you are heading back to australia?

Congrats!

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Wow, so you are heading back to australia?

Congrats!

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Won't be long til there's chickens on the roof and goats tied up out front! Congrats...nice that you got in low...good investment! I'm looking at a lot of basic upgrades this summer off...though at best we'll give this to one of the boys cheap someday and get a condo or something...it's the perfect starter/finisher home.
                    Life and death is a grave matter;
                    all things pass quickly away.
                    Each of you must be completely alert;
                    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

I want one
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Hang her panties out there...
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

bloomers in her case

I need to slowly start heading home to Sydney lads

Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 6, 2013, 18:10.

Comment

Nice.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

sounds like the song at the end of return of the jedi
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X