"Let me be perfectly clear...make no mistake about it": Syria Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
    US intelligence and officials from his Admin are on record and still haven't backed away from backing the claim that the attack originated from the government forces. His Admin has also specifically rejected the report you cite.
    I am not saying they are correct. I am saying nobody knows right now and thus it is a good thing he didn't invade, i.e. this decision was the right one...
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
      They are such an embarrassment. I would think we're going to have at least 20 years of Dem presidents because they are such idiots.
      It's down to personality. Both parties are embarrassing. Both parties have ~40% of the electorate that would vote party lines no matter who ran. The other 20% either knows they're ****ed both ways, or is beyond reason. Thus the only real difference between the candidates is whether they bore us talking about how they plan on ****ing us, or make it interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post
        I am saying nobody knows right now
        The Syrians know. Those that aren't dead yet.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• It is safe to assume the ones who know (i.e. who fired the gas) lie.
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Interesting article about Syria from the Beeb:

Syria's protracted conflict shows no sign of abating

Oh wait, Benghazi is clearly far more important now...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Typically it is assumed that the arena of foreign affairs is predominantly the sphere of influence of the executive branch. (yes, treaties etc. are required to be ratified by the senate, likewise declarations of war (and/or in modern parlance authorized uses of force)) If a case is to be made for some form of Syrian sanctions/involvement/ use of force etc. it is expected to be as a conseqeunce of executive direction. The fact that the legislative is exercising its powers of investigative oversight in a separate matter has f8ck all to do with lack of a cohesive Syrian strategy.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                The Syrians know. Those that aren't dead yet.
                I doubt that either side in Syria has a complete picture of what's going on either.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                X