What ever happened to real food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
    Since I died last year, I've had to read labels when buying food to avoid cardiac or diabetic 'events'. What is available in stores, in general, is filled with variants on salt, sugar and fat. Restaurants are even more dangerous, with fast food being particularly deadly. Most chains post nutrition on line. Go read the sites if you want a real scare. Even Subway has amazingly high fat and salt content.
    And the neat thing is, you probably won't know how badly this crap is affecting you until you find yourself in an emergency room. Thank goodness we all have comprehensive health care.
    btw - A local pie shop makes haggis. I can still eat it occasionally (say, every January 25th). So, organ meat, unless you are a veg head, isn't necessarily worse than other meats - it's what you do with it. Rotten Ronnie's can make a salad more dangerous than a Big Mac.
    About six months ago I found out I had high blood pressure and it's come down nicely between medication, cutting out salt, and eating a healthier diet. I used to be one the eat out six nights a week and have four drinks with dinner diet and it turns out those are loaded with salt, fat, and bad stuff. I know, you're saying "of course it is" but I, like so many other people, figured bad things happen to other people. Jogging three days per week, going back to the gym three days per week, eliminating salts, and switching to lean meats like chicken or fish instead of my old "steak is a great dinner" thinking has made some big progress in just six months.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I created a non-gay thread and this is the thanks I get.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        Since I died last year
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He had a heart attack.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            I created a non-gay thread and this is the thanks I get.
            Thank you MrFun.

Your efforts in creating a non-gay thread have been noticed. I have started an entire thread devoted to thanking you. (Until it gets threadjacked into a gay thread anyway).

Feel free to thank me for this useful post.

Comment

i hate being preachy, especially when i still dont eat a good diet, but I'm convinced the least processed food is best generally speaking.

and carving up raw food right before eating it is even better, less time for food to lose more potency

processed food is generally bad

Comment

Some of the top pros are over 300lbs off season or not and it's not by eating chicken breast, tuna and shakes. i have put on almost 40lbs in the last 2 1/2 years and hardly ever eat protien.

Comment

Did anyone ever find out what happened to real food?

Comment

I ate it.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I believe that.

Comment

For dinner.
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                        X