Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Obama plans to return five percent of his salary to Treasury.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be interesting to see all the rich (with income 400k + ) in America to contribute 5% of their income into tax coffers to help cover the debt.... they don't need it anyway. Lead by example.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      You mean this is his crowning accomplishment? The one good deed Obama has done that Fox really should have covered but didn't?
      You don't get my point.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        MrFun, I like the President, but even I can admit this is a complete PR gimmick.
        Well if you don't like symbolic positive acts, that's your call I guess.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
          No, but it could try to cover at least ONE good thing Obama has done in the years he's been president so far.
          Most of what Obama does that he thinks is good is stuff that Republicans think is bad.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

This isn't exactly the time for mere symbols... that won't do anything anyways.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I agree with Mr Fun. This is the best thing Obama has done as President.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                It would be interesting to see all the rich (with income 400k + ) in America to contribute 5% of their income into tax coffers to help cover the debt.... they don't need it anyway. Lead by example.
                They already pay taxes. If you want them to pay more, raise taxes, obviously. If you continue this logic to its conclusion, they should just pay everything because "they don't need it". What is it with people and suggesting things that logically reduce to literally communism?

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                I agree with Mr Fun. This is the best thing Obama has done as President.
                Oh yeah and QFT
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                  You don't get my point.
                  You don't have a point. I'm guessing you don't even watch Fox and so have no basis for you claim that Fox never reports anything good Obama does. The notion that their alleged failure to report this one thing means they're not willing to report anything good about Obama is laughable unless you think this is the only good thing Obama has ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    They already pay taxes. If you want them to pay more, raise taxes, obviously. If you continue this logic to its conclusion, they should just pay everything because "they don't need it". What is it with people and suggesting things that logically reduce to literally communism?
                    Your logic metaphorically reduces to organic fertilizer.

Communism isn't the voluntary sharing of discretionary income earned (largely) through a free market economy.

Comment

Logically Christians should literally be communists because Jesus said you should give your stuff to the poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        MrFun, I like the President, but even I can admit this is a complete PR gimmick.
                        Obama is an ass. I can't believe some idiot hasn't killed him yet.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wow. Just when I think you can't say anything more stupid.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What is stupid about saying that I said? If I advocated it, that would be stupid. I readily acknowledged that it would be an idiot.
                            You can like him all you want, but the fact remains, Kennedy was shot and Lincoln was shot and idiots still abound. So what's your beef, big boy?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Secret Service has changed a lot since Lincoln was president

Comment

So the President is only taking in 380k/yr to show his solidarity with workers. Wow!
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X