Iraq and Afghanistan War Cost 10 years on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

There are a lot of vets like this guy and worse it now takes 2 ****ing years for a vet just to sign up for the VA benefits to see a damn doctor yet Republicans want still more cuts.
    HC would approve.

HC loves the idea of cutting benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
      HC would approve.

HC loves the idea of cutting benefits.
      With pretty boy Paul Ryan's draconian and savage cuts to Medicare in his budget proposal, we have to ask ourselves: Is America still beautiful without Medica...

Classic scene from the movie Cabaret, censored for many years, in wich a Boy sings the song "Tomorrow belongs to me", in a party, and at the end, all the cro...
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

The VA does in fact cover too much. For instance, the fact that Slowwy is still living off VA benefits is absurd. He sure as hell never got a combat wound, at least as far as I'm aware.

I do think that we have a responsibility to cover disabled veterans (who are disabled due to their service) for the rest of their lives.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

VA benefits are insane. Lots of people get a 10% rating for minor hearing loss. You should get them if your injuries prevent you from working, not as some ridiculous form of lifelong workplace compensation for the injuries.

Comment

I met guys in Afghanistan who had injuries that added up to more than 100%, but they were still working contractors

One thing to remember with the cost of the war is that a lot of it, probably most of it, just sort of kissed the ground and then left again in pay packets, fees, comsumables etc. I'd be surprised if 10% stayed in Iraq or Afghanistan

The real cost is all the misery, waste and death, especially the veterans, and the locals
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
            X