Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one should be fired for trying to get laid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Grab water from streams, use those disgusting iodine tablets. That saves a TON of weight.
    Try this next time.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]173757[/ATTACH]

From outside my building.

No hiking though

JM
      Is that South Africa?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        Is that South Africa?
        Looks like the car is driving in the right side of the road, so probably not.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Gotta say, I'm really happy with GSI Outdoors right now.

Been using their pinnacle soloist for 3 years, last year a hairline cracked formed on the nesting mug. I ignored it but this past Thursday it was unacceptably leaky, and I couldn't find a good replacement option. Sent them a email; they said give their CS a call, I did, they got my shipping info and should have a replacement out in a few weeks.

It's just a piece of plastic that probably costs them nothing to make, but still pleased that their go-to was "send you a replacement immediately".
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            Right, for those who don't know about it, Ranger School is the premier US Army infantry course and one of the main challenges in it is that they don't give you enough food. You get two MREs a day, which is only something like 2400 calories, and it's nowhere near sufficient. A few days in and you're eating the coffee mix just to get the extra sustenance. Grabbing food off of plants and stuff and eating it isn't allowed, but as a practical matter it's necessary to get through the course.
            I bulked up from 178 lbs normal to 188 on day 1 of RAP, and 58 days later, was down from 188 to 142 with contact rashes, heat rashes, a million bug bites, blisters, sunburn, etc. First thing I did after graduation is get a nice hotel room with a real bed and a bath (which I didn't use til after I woke up, lest I drown in the damn thing) and slept for about 36 hours straight. Screw food or hygiene, my body said "sleep first, *******, and don't ever do this **** to me again."

It was ****ing awesome. HOOAH!
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Is that South Africa?
              buying one next week.

Comment

A South African?
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Wow. I meant to reply to BlackCat's post about the straws. That's embarrassing. In my defense I was multitasking?

Comment

I prefer to use Nigerians for that.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by b etor View Post
                      Wow. I meant to reply to BlackCat's post about the straws. That's embarrassing. In my defense I was multitasking?
                      Final proof that you are a male FBI agent - it's a known fact that only women can multitask

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• I read the comment. Then I was about to hit Reply With Quote, but then the picture below it caught my eye and I scrolled down, then someone needed First Aid, so I clicked Reply With Quote to the wrong one, administered First Aid and etc., then returned to the computer and posted my comment while the other person working was talking to me. But I am a male FBI agent.

Comment

• With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Bumped over the 2005 threads.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                            X