Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is stamping money considering illegal defacing of currency in America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is stamping money considering illegal defacing of currency in America?

I'm thinking about making a stamp with a statement that I'd use to put on currency that I have.

Would it be illegal for me to stamp anything on my currency?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Why not just use a bumper sticker? That's sure to sway some undecided.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Just make sure you only stamp hundreds. That way people will know that the "good time" you're offering is high class and will definitely call the number.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
        I'm thinking about making a stamp with a statement that I'd use to put on currency that I have.

Would it be illegal for me to stamp anything on my currency?
        If what you're going to stamp is anything like your posts it's a crime against humanity and you should get life imprisonment.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          Just make sure you only stamp hundreds. That way people will know that the "good time" you're offering is high class and will definitely call the number.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

So long as the money is still recognizable I don't think you're doing anything illegal.

Comment

You can stamp paper money, any altering of coins, however, is illegal.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Why would you stamp currency? Seems like a dick move. What if next time you get money it has 'Gays are sick and evil' stamped on it? People have a million ways to express themselves these days, defacing currency is completely unnecessary.

Comment

I only hate George Washington for growing hemp.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I'm sure it is illegal to deface currency Mr Fun but I hardly think ferderal agents are going to show up at your house if you do.

Otoh let us know when you do and we'll see....
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

MrFun, for every dollar bill you deface I'll donate the same amount of money to the Family Research Council.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        Why would you stamp currency?
                        It's easier and cheaper than doing something that might actually make any kind of difference.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          Why would you stamp currency? Seems like a dick move. What if next time you get money it has 'Gays are sick and evil' stamped on it? People have a million ways to express themselves these days, defacing currency is completely unnecessary.
                          This is what's commonly known as a rhetorical question.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hey, this one dollar bill says to support gay marriage! I will give this all of the consideration it merits while I snort blow off of a hooker's ass!

To be fair, it might be a five dollar bill, but I doubt that MrFun sees many five dollar bills in his lucrative career of gay street mime.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I thought he was just going to write fun historical facts about Lincoln on the $5 bill. Specifically that he must have been gay so you should support gay marriage.

Comment

Working...
                              X