No announcement yet.

Simcity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you imagine a Godzilla event in a persistent city? I'd be horrified. If they're toggleable, great, I can turn them off; but then it's no fun to NOT have them. I loved having the possibility of monster attacks or other catastrophes, but also having a save from pre-Event so if I want to play the city without the event, I could.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      Let me know when they expand the tile size, denerf the transportation options, allow contiguous cities, and all the other things they amputated from SimCity 4.
      ...and let us play offline.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I like Sim City 4

Comment

I really hate to do this but it's time for someone intelligent to return you retards (especially the preening doctor who sticks his hands in boy's underwear all day) to PLANET EARTH.

Let me know when they expand the tile size, denerf the transportation options, allow contiguous cities, and all the other things they amputated from SimCity 4.
          "AMPUTATED?" "DENERF THE TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS?" WE'RE NOT IN MED SCHOOL ANYMORE SO HERES SOME REAL TALK. I am sorry that unlike your Simcity 4 mods, Simcity 5 does not enable you to build snowmobiles and mass relays to get your Sims to work, but you know why the options it does provide are far better? BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY HAVE SIMS IN SIMCITY 5 THAT ACTUALLY HAS TO GET WORK LET ME EXPLAIN. In the new Simcity Reboot, EVERY SIM IS MODELED AS AN AGENT. They wake up, jerk off , take the kids to school, jerk off in the parking lot, drive in circles for a few seconds to dry it out, go to work, and come home OR IF THEY GOT THE CASH GO SHOPPING. EVERY SWINGLE SIM YOU HAVE. If you are having a fire on a main avenue because your balls dropped and you decided to live on the edge with your fire funding, and there are rubberneckers, well there's gonna be traffic and BILLY'S NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GO SHOPPING. He'll return home dissatisfied and beat his wife to ****. Then she'll call the cops, who will send out the new POLICE CHOPPER you bought them and use their SWAT van to set up a perimeter. OH NO WHAT'S THIS? THE CHOPPER'S OUT OF FUEL SO IT'S UP TO THE 6 SQUAD CARS AND THE SWAT VAN NOW. But the guy might escape STILL because REMEMBER THAT TRAFFIC JAM? Well it prevents the police from getting to the guy's house before he JUMPS OVER TO ANOTHER HOUSE CHRIS DORNER STYLE AND MURDERS EVERYONE INSIDE. He's holed up in some house BUT WHICH ONE? Your cops don't know BECAUSE THEY ONLY WENT TO COMMUNITY COLLEGE LIKE LOIRZAEL. :Angry??;: :ANGRY:

That's why it's a good thing you updated your police station to have A $200,000 STATE OF THE ART DETECTIVE WING so COLLEGE-EDUCATED Dectective Dirty God Damn Sim Harry is on the ****ING CASE, making hay during the day and slay at night, and he pulls his car solo up to the house, for all the world like Nicholas Cage in "Bad Lootenant" (BY VERNER HERZOG) and EFFECTS the arrest and drives home to get LAID as per usual. The news ticker rejoices which by the way is THERE and not JUST FOR NOSTALGIA. ARSONIST MURDERER ARRESTED, it screams to you as you think about how this will affect your ALREADY SKY-HIGH LEADERBOARDS RANKING ON SIMCITY WORLD. Beat. Beat. THEN IT HITS YOU. THERE'S NO PLACE TO PUT HIM BECAUSE THE JAILS HAVE BEEN FULL EVER SINCE THE GREAT "HIGH TAX RIOT" OF THE PREVIOUS WEEK, SO HE HAS TO BE UNSHACKLED ON THE STEPS OF CITY HALL, NEVER TO BE SEEN OR HEARD FROM AGAIN... :MAD:

UNTIL HE POP'S UP IN YOUR FRIEND'S REGION AND SABOTAGES THE NUCLEAR POWER PLANT AND DESTROYS THE ENTIRE CITY IN A GIANT MUSHROOM CLOUD AS CHILDREN SCREAM. :MAD: :Q:

TELL ME THAT'S POSSIBLE IN YOUR SIMCITY MODS YOU JERK OFF?

I can't say I'm enthusiastic about the changes. The problem is that a lot of people [read: me] play SimCity as a sandbox, and as such like the idea of being able to test things out, undo them if they don't work, and generally just play by myself. I wouldn't mind the social stuff at all if it were an option - heck, it sounds like fun - but it's not why I play SimCity primarily, and I want the ability to have a larger city and to have offline play.
          CAUSE AND EFFECT. THERE IS A SANDBOX MODE AND YOU KNOW, I'm really sorry that the game doesn't let you undo things, BUT YOU FUNCTIONALLY CAN WHEN YOU HAVE UNLIMITED MONEY Maybe stick to jenga. AND WOW THE ALWAYS-ON COMPLAINT. I have HAD NO PROBLEMS. The servers are IMMACULATE.

Can you imagine a Godzilla event in a persistent city? I'd be horrified. If they're toggleable, great, I can turn them off; but then it's no fun to NOT have them. I loved having the possibility of monster attacks or other catastrophes, but also having a save from pre-Event so if I want to play the city without the event, I could.
          **** YOU
          Last edited by Wiglaf; March 6, 2013, 14:21. Reason: YOU ARE BANNED FROM WIGLAF REGION

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Forgot your meds this morning?
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

All kidding aside, I do like the 'new' stuff. I just think that they forgot a few important things for people who enjoyed previous Sim Cities. Give me all that, AND offline play, AND save games, and I'd buy the game. Without those two things, I'm not spending $60 on it.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                  Forgot your meds this morning?
                  Umm, you haven't been around here much have you? That's Wiglaf on his meds.

Comment

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

This is supposed to be a city builder, after all. This isn't The Sims.

They took the one part of SimCity 4 that no one gave a **** about--"MySim Mode"--and made it the focus of the new game, at the expense of many other features. That decision seems... dubious.

Don't get me wrong, it is an interesting wrinkle. But $60 to be at the mercy of EA's servers, without the ability to save my own game, at the mercy of other people in the "region", without being able to decide for myself how to connect to the region... nyet.

Comment

YOU CAN PLAY A PRIVATE REGION AND BE AT THE MERCY OF YOURSELF DOC.

MySim mode? Is that a joke? Tell me you are joking.

Comment

Just in case it's not obvious how illiterate Guynemer is being, MySim mode was grafted onto Simcity 4's mechanics. It had nothing to do with the simulation.

Comment

No, not a joke. You don't remember MySim mode?

Also:

Comment

MySim mode as I understand it let you incorporate a Sim from the Sims games and "follow" him around. It was all artificial. It was a little minigame.

Comment

There's a Civitas Kickstarter for those unhappy with the changes.
                                Graffiti in a public toilet
                                Do not require skill or wit
                                Among the **** we all are poets
                                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X