The strange world of the non-smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    I've tried and failed several times but luckily I didn't pick up the nasty habit until I was 27. Best of luck.
    How did you start smoking? Most people get hooked before the age of 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
      I quit after my heart attack

Me too.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        How did you start smoking? Most people get hooked before the age of 20.
        Yep started in high school/first few years of college (particularly in my Frat and Night Shift jobs). Quit 4 years ago. Good Luck Horse. You'll be setting new quarter mile times in short order.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

My wife is using a vaporizer now and cutting back drastically on cigs.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I never smoked, but both my parents did. Good luck with not smoking. It's the right choice.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

hey thanks everyone, I'm having some lapses but Lent starts next Wednesday so that gives me a date certain to aim for

Mrs Horse returns on Friday and that is a another significant date
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Short update.

I'm going pretty well, using some nicotine therapy but the main thing is I'm getting very gassy. It seems like this is a common side effect of giving up so hopefully I am on the right track
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

chew tobacco

Click image for larger version

Name:	guy_spitting.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	9094655

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Don't give up! Good luck AH!
                    if that was unintentional.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                      if that was unintentional.
                      Huh?
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Sounded like you were telling him to not give up smoking.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

No, that is the opposite of what I meant, of course.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                          X