The strange world of the non-smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strange world of the non-smoker

I have started another attempt to give up smoking after a recent brush with cancer.

You non smokers live in a strange world of vivid sensations.

So far my cardio-vascular system seems to be having the most fun with it, enjoying the holiday from all the junk it had to pump around.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

I wish you the best in your endeavor.

I can't imagine breaking a nicotine addiction is easy.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've tried and failed several times but luckily I didn't pick up the nasty habit until I was 27. Best of luck.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

hey thanks Sava, your avatar is inspiring me too, blood flow matters at my age
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
          hey thanks Sava, your avatar is inspiring me too, blood flow matters at my age
          Sure. You've always been a great guy and entertaining poster. I'm glad to hear about your progress.

Also, I'm glad to be a source of inspiration. Such blood flow matters at any age.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Good luck!
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

were you a smoker Sparky?

Comment

I broke free of nicotine on the 22nd of September 2012, after several failed attempts. The feeling is great.

You can do it.

Don't think of a cigarette as a reward, but rather as a punishment.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I quit smoking tobacco in the mid '80s - my dad had died of cancer. I'm a social pot smoker, though I haven't had any this year. Not smoking in Canada is fairly easy as most provinces and municipalities have draconian smoking laws - bars, clubs, restaurants, venues etc. are all non-smoking.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Every time you want a smoke, have a shot of whiskey instead.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Most doctors believe that 25% of all cancer cases would not have happened if people stopped smoking and drinking. I'll settle for 12.5%.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

ya, everything in moderation was my philosophy

Comment

I quit after my heart attack

Comment

Quit on the 10th june 2012.
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Don't give up! Good luck AH!
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X