No announcement yet.

We Told You So: The New "Obamacare Sux" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only good thing about Obamacare is that it brought a Republican majority to the House of Representatives.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      You still don't ""Kuelewa"", Tupac Drake?
      I haven't yet figured out the racism here, even though I'm sure it exists. Do I dare Google "Kuelewa"?

edit: Apparently it's Swahili. I guess racist ass Sloww thinks a guy from Oakland should know an African language...

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        I sent this to a female and she blocked me on facebook after telling me to **** OFF. Seriously. I can't see her profile anymore.
        She's welcome.

Comment

I would like to know what Sloww was trying to say when he said Kuelewa. Maybe he was referring to the Hawaiian cooking method called Kalua? But most likely, he'll just say something cryptic and call us idiots.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

"Kuelewa" is Swahili for "understand", as far as I can tell. Totally racist, as expected.

Comment

He went on google translate to figure out how to say 'understand' in Swahili?

What does an East African trade language have to do with you?

¿En qué estabas pensando, Slowwhand?
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It's probably the only sub-Saharan African language he's heard of. Would have been funnier if he'd chosen Afrikaans.

Comment

Premiums will go up for some people as other people take cheaper Obamacare options. Ultimately though the old or premium policies should get better and cost less as the companies try and attract or retain policy holders. Also as more people take up insurance, as they must under Obamacare I believe, the costs should come down overall because there are more people paying in. But this will take time.

This is how it worked in Australia, which also has a mixed public/private system. The private companies have to work harder and offer a better product. That's not a bad thing in the long run.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    It's probably the only sub-Saharan African language he's heard of. Would have been funnier if he'd chosen Afrikaans.
                    If only google translate had that clicking Bushman language.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                      Also as more people take up insurance, as they must under Obamacare I believe, the costs should come down overall because there are more people paying in. But this will take time.
                      This probably won't happen in America. The penalty for not buying insurance (which is intended to force people to obey the mandate to purchase insurance) is small and it will be cheaper for many healthy individuals to pay the penalty and only buy insurance when they are stricken with a costly illness. Insurance companies can no longer turn away customers who have pre-existing conditions, so there's no reason at present to purchase insurance before you need it.

The obvious route to fix this problem would be to raise the penalty so that it was no longer cheaper to forgo insurance, but the Supreme Court decision that declared that the penalty was really a tax (in order to give Congress sufficient constitutional authority to implement the individual mandate) probably limits the efficacy of that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                        Premiums will go up for some people as other people take cheaper Obamacare options. Ultimately though the old or premium policies should get better and cost less as the companies try and attract or retain policy holders. Also as more people take up insurance, as they must under Obamacare I believe, the costs should come down overall because there are more people paying in. But this will take time.

This is how it worked in Australia, which also has a mixed public/private system. The private companies have to work harder and offer a better product. That's not a bad thing in the long run.
                        One fundamental flaw with this theory is that the individual mandate will work. It won't, because the tax for the mandate is way too low.

Comment

You are both right I think. The history of these things in other western countries is the "mandate" cost as you call it will go up. We call it the medicare levy, which everyone has to pay, but it's really a tax.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

The problem in this case is that if the tax goes up enough that it effectively forces people to purchase insurance, it may no longer be constitutional based on the Supreme Court's decision last summer.

Comment

with the gridlock in Congress this sucker could go down

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Seriously. I bet if you let me have your facebook acct I could get you laid. All you'd have to do is shut up and not say anything.
                                Did one virgin just try and mock another virgin about his inability to get laid?

Comment

Working...
                                X