Obama admin warns UK not to reduce EU participation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
    Can any Mexican get up, cross the border with no one manning it, and then find and apply for a job anywhere in the US without the need for a work or resident permit? IF not, it sucks donkey balls compared to the EU.
    Funny how these rights don't seem to apply to dark people (aka gypsies). At least not in France.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

We could make that happen without an EU. That's all just a matter of national legislation.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        Funny how these rights don't seem to apply to dark people (aka gypsies). At least not in France.
        That's your response. Some non-French nationals are returned to Romania, and that means you ignore my comments about Mexicans allowed to work in the U.S.?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
          We could make that happen without an EU. That's all just a matter of national legislation.
          I agree. Which is why I don't see the provision a benefit of the EU, but rather of international agreements.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            That's your response. Some non-French nationals are returned to Romania, and that means you ignore my comments about Mexicans allowed to work in the U.S.?
            This would be pretty easy to fix, but wouldn't require us to enter into some absurd multinational legislature with poorly defined limits on power. We already have a federal government, thanks

Comment

Anyway, HC, to address your point, France is only allowed to make such actions until 2014, when the phased free movement of workers of Romania is complete with regards all EU states. It is already in place for a number of the states.

Comment

Gotcha. I just read about the french racists in the paper a few months back and wanted to wind someone up.

Comment

How is calling the French racists going to wind up (IIRC) an antipodean? Or does Dauphin have British citizenship now?
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                    Wow, that was really, really stupid of him. Britains EU membership is an odd thing, it's extremely important to the country yet is incredibly unpopular due to decades of government lying about it, and a resulting lack of understanding among people as to what it actually means. You know what else is recently incredibly unpopular? Yeah, that would be the idea of America pressuring the UK into doing things that aren't in Britain's interests. Obama being elected helped heal some wounds, but there is still a deep seated resentment over Iraq and the perception of Blair acting like Bush's poodle.

If there is one thing that would be absolutely guaranteed to piss people off here, make people dislike America even more, and make UKIP win more votes, it's something like this.
                    What bothers me isn't so much whether it's counterproductive (I really don't care whether the UK stays in the EU or not), but really that it's just not our business. I don't like it when you Brits tell us to have gun control and I really don't like it when we tell you what to do with your foreign policy that doesn't really concern us at all.

It's interesting to note that while Bush had a strong standing relationship with your Prime Minister and valued our alliance, Obama's done retarded petty **** like call the Falkland Islands the "Malvinas" and suggest that they be "returned" to Argentina, while ejecting the Winston Churchill bust from the Oval Office. All in all, neither move has any serious consequences but I find it irritating and counterproductive.

Comment

This would be pretty easy to fix, but wouldn't require us to enter into some absurd multinational legislature with poorly defined limits on power. We already have a federal government, thanks
                      May I suggest that you start working on dissolving USA so each of the member states can become rich and prosperous on their own without federal intervenience
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

That's actually not what I suggested. Also, "intervenience" is not a word. I think "intervention" is the one you're looking for.

Comment

That's actually not what I suggested. Also, "intervenience" is not a word. I think "intervention" is the one you're looking for.
                          HC, you are actually kind of funny though in a rather imbecile way

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

the act or fact of intervening : intervention… See the full definition

Definition, Synonyms, Translations of Intervenience by The Free Dictionary

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's not a word in any sort of common use, at least. It sounds more like you didn't know the proper suffix; your poor command of english has been previously noted.

Comment

It's not a word in any sort of common use, at least. It sounds more like you didn't know the proper suffix; your poor command of english has been previously noted.
                              I just love it when poor suckers as you have to use ad hominem attacks because your'e out of arguments

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                                I just love it when poor suckers as you have to use ad hominem attacks because your'e out of arguments
                                Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                                I just love it when poor suckers like you have to use ad hominem attacks because you're out of arguments
                                ftfy

Comment

Working...
                                X