Obama admin warns UK not to reduce EU participation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    Just because Obama is popular doesn't mean that the insults of the Bush years are forgiven. Any sign of America trying to tell us what to do is going to go down especially badly.
    You really want to please us. You just don't know it.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Rape away then.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Why would we do that? You are our only friend.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

We bitterly remember when you rejected us. And we can never really be friends with anyone who wasted good tea.
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Why would we do that? You are our only friend.
            You forgot Poland.

Comment

And Israel and Canada.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                And Israel and Canada.
                Israel is a sociopath and can't really be anyone's friend.

Comment

And Canada is pointless.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                    And Canada is pointless.
                    USA > Canada > Australia > New Zealand > UK >>> Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                      HC, Check the trade balance of the UK and see who the main trading partners are you moronic person.
                      I don't see how that is a benefit of the EU. It's a benefit of the free trade agreements, free movement of capital and of labour. Now, that may be jeopardised by leaving the EU politically, but I would doubt it would necessarily be so.

The lack of transparency or vantage makes it hard to see what benefits the EU institutions provide to the UK. However, I can see it being a Monty Python sketch similar to the Judean separatists wondering what Rome ever did for them, well, besides, you know, aqueducts, roads, sanitation, etc or the complete opposite of bureaucracy, quotas, unelected officials, ridiculous agricultural budgets etc.

If there were a vote on the issue, most people would be voting out of complete ignorance of the facts (even more that usual).
                      Last edited by Dauphin; January 11, 2013, 14:39.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

We have an awesome free trade agreement with Canada and Mexico without any of the stupid pseudo-democratic supranational government crap.

Comment

Can any Mexican get up, cross the border with no one manning it, and then find and apply for a job anywhere in the US without the need for a work or resident permit? IF not, it sucks donkey balls compared to the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            We have an awesome free trade agreement with Canada and Mexico without any of the stupid pseudo-democratic supranational government crap.
                            QFT

Comment

I suspect Britain has more to lose from retarded EU regulatory schemes than from whatever free trade treaties it loses, which I predict would be quite few of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                QFT
                                Srsly?

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                                Can any Mexican get up, cross the border with no one manning it, and then find and apply for a job anywhere in the US without the need for a work or resident permit? IF not, it sucks donkey balls compared to the EU.

Comment

Working...
                                X