Movies, good and bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not 'Casablanca'.

'The Lavender Hill Mob' is an Ealing comedy but does feature the Eiffel Tower... ah. Simon Callow's biography of Charles Laughton mentioned something. Do you mean:

Click image for larger version

Name:	manontheeiffelkino.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	9094783
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Nope.

This film was nominated for (and robbed of) Best Picture. Its many elements include, but are not limited to: prostitution, heroin, homosexuality, marijuana, police corruption, mistaken identity, racism, and an utterly badass climactic shootout between two of the protagonists and a small squad of bad guys led by the protagonists' boss.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Stewardess School!!!!

That's what a Google search came up with...

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Dammit, I had it figured out on the first clue, But couldn't figure out where the Fleur-de-lis fit in with it.

LA Confidential.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
            Dammit, I had it figured out on the first clue, But couldn't figure out where the Fleur-de-lis fit in with it.
            "Whatever you desire."

LA Confidential.

ACK!
            I expected nothing less from you. Your move, mon ami.

Comment

• This movie is a spoof of a certain horror movie series, and also the "spiritual ancestor" of spoofs of other horror movies.

ACK!

Comment

• I expect no one to know this. It was horrible.

ACK!

Comment

• Dracula Sucks featuring John Holmes & Seka.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• The lead actor is known for having a thick eyebrows.

ACK!

Comment

• I was going to say Dracula: Dead And Loving It, but that isn't it.

Comment

• Was Leslie Nielsen in it... or another comic Canadian?
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• No to both, there was an actor from Minnesota, though.

Dracula Sucks is probably the same timeframe.

ACK!

Comment

• The truly awful 'Love At First Bite' ?
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• This would make Love at First Bite, look wonderful.
                              This came out a couple of years later
                              The horror movie the Title spoofs has had 12 iterations.

ACK!
                              Last edited by Tuberski; March 3, 2013, 12:25.

Comment

• Oh holy ****, I think I've actually seen this movie. I have no idea what the title is, though. Doesn't it start with an exterior shot of a house, with a caption of a certain day, and nothing happens, then another caption with a certain other day, and nothing happens, then another caption of a certain allegedly funny day, and that's when **** happens?

Also, some guy behind a desk appears in the middle of the movie with the express purpose of saying "**** you" to the audience, solely to ensure an R rating?

Comment

Working...
                                X