Long night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Oh yes, her Life Alert necklace was conveniently draped over her bedpost as she lay helpless on the bathroom floor... Lesson learned, believe me.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Oh yes, her Life Alert necklace was conveniently draped over her bedpost as she lay helpless on the bathroom floor... Lesson learned, believe me.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It sounds like she'll be OK. Does she have a 4 point walker? Maybe the family should consider hiring a companion.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Sorry I missed this earlier; can I give retroactive best wishes?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Absolutely! Thanks, Elok.

DrS - She has a cane, a walker, and a motorized scooter, which she uses according to how she's feeling and the distances she'll be walking. She's desperate to stay in the "independent" section of her senior community, and *should* be able to with normal expected recovery and few new safeguards. She's realistic, though -- volutarily decided not to renew her drivers license last year.

Just back from the hospital and she's doing much better today. It's likely she goes back home tomorrow, which would be a great way to start the new year.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Glad to hear that things are improving. Best of luck!
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Sorry about your mom.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                X