No announcement yet.

[AWB]Dems prep ground for 2014 Electoral Defeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that alcohol is being brought up, because I'm just reading about states where you can buy rifles and shotguns at 18, but have to be 21 to buy a beer.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It would be easier to ban guns than it would be to ban alcohol. We've tried that. But guns are a bit harder to manufacture.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
        Interesting that alcohol is being brought up, because I'm just reading about states where you can buy rifles and shotguns at 18, but have to be 21 to buy a beer.
        Federal Law that limits long arm purchases to 18, handgun purchases to 21, and every single state has the 21-for-alcohol rule.

In fact, the Feds will sell you a rifle if you're 18, or your Dad one(wink wink nudge nudge) through the CMP, which has a big youth program.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          It would be easier to ban guns than it would be to ban alcohol. We've tried that. But guns are a bit harder to manufacture.

Not really. There are a LOT of people who make "80% lowers" and then sell them, since they don't require a serial number or a gunsmithing license to make. It's only going to get easier as 3D Printing tech matures.

(actually, there are a lot of firearm manufacturers that use 3D Printers to make plastic lowers already, like Bushmaster and New Frontier)

Some guy in Oregon started making his own barrels after he got out of the army, and within a year he was kinda a big deal in terms of firearms manufacturing. There are a lot of mom-and-pop places like that that make firearms. The reason why there aren't even more is because no one can compete with the volume of the big companies like Remington, S&W, Colt, etc.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            Hmm... nope, that still doesn't refute this:

Keep trying, maybe you'll post something relevant.
            I'm not trying to refute Dinner. I never said he was wrong. I said that the Dems are guilty of the exact same thing. As long as both sides are rigging elections, neither side has any right to complain about it. You can accept the fact that I'm right, or you can go on pretending that I said something I never said.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Unfortunately we have a lot of nanny state lovers in this country who like to blame inanimate objects for human failure. I agree that age restrictions on alcohol are contrary to the American ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                I'm not trying to refute Dinner. I never said he was wrong. I said that the Dems are guilty of the exact same thing. As long as both sides are rigging elections, neither side has any right to complain about it. You can accept the fact that I'm right, or you can go on pretending that I said something I never said.
                They can complain about it all they want. Maybe you should deal with it instead of indulging in a fantasy where you're the final arbiter of what people can and can't complain about.

Comment

You want a little cheese with your whine?

Comment

They can complain all they want! It's not fair that the Republicans are better at cheating than the Democrats! I want my mommy!

The moral high ground is not held by the less successful cheater. It's held by the side that doesn't cheat.

Comment

Even if their ethical system prescribes the elimination of gerrymandering that doesn't mean it necessarily prescribes that as long as gerrymandering still exists, they should choose not to so the Republicans can seize an even bigger advantage. Duh.

Comment

Democrats don't even have an ethical objection though. They literally have no moral basis for their criticism. They just aren't as good at cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                          Democrats don't even have an ethical objection though. They literally have no moral basis for their criticism. They just aren't as good at cheating.
                          The politicians have no moral basis to complain. The voting public OTOH, especially the independents and floating voters...
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Yes, the fact that you have to be 21 to buy a beer is ridiculous.
                            PS: I live in one of those states.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform

I checked it for "gerrymandering" and "redistricting." Couldn't find a single mention of either word.

Comment

Yeah, they should totally put that in their platform so some genius can claim they're "hypocrites" because state legislatures under the control of Democrats created gerrymandered maps.

Comment

Working...
                                X