No announcement yet.

Hey Michael the Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adopting a couple kids. Little girl, 3 Abby came to us at 2. She's a wonderful child, won my heart. Then there's Augustine her brother, 2, arrived at 1. He arrived with really bad worms and worse pneumonia which we hospitalized him for, then recently he got typhoid which is now behind him. Kids only 3, what a tough little life. He wears well, easy to smile. Both had catching up in the nutrition dept and we've done that. Family kids of a cousin of Dolores who married a tribal woman from the remote mountains of Surigao. Typhoon ruined their little farm and the father brought them out looking for someone to adopt them.

Besides that Dolores and I are almost finished building our retirement home as has Zkribbler if you remember him. Here's the picture thread at WePlayCiv...can see the kids too towards the end. Its a progress of the builds thread with more recent stuff at the end. Four years of construction between the 2 places and its just about to end, I'm glad of that.

What about you, what's life like? Where at, still south of the border?
    Last edited by Lancer; December 19, 2012, 11:53.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Hey Lancer Merry Christmas, did that young lady you were helping ever get her Canadian passport?

I've been up in the provinces, saw wifie's family yesterday, along with their dogs, cats, ducks, chickens, pet chipmonk. Father looking frail.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
        Dinner - I'm still trying to do the renewable energy thing, but it's been pretty volatile. Also working for a technology research company, so it's pretty cool stuff. Are you working for a local geotechnical firm?
        Yeah, I'm working for a local geotech firm. I'd kind of like to make the transition to petroleum geology as the pay is at least 50% higher though the problem I've encountered is all of my experience is in geotech and with 10 years experience I cost WAY more than a new grad yet both of us have zero petroleum experience. Still, the pay isn't bad in geotech and it allows me to stay here instead of going to Texas.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
          I've been up since 4am. Left Guam this morning. I'm currently sitting at Gate 37 at Narita airport waiting to board UA flight 8something to Bangkok. More time to chat when I get to the city of Angels.
          What are you doing in L.A.?

Comment

no Bangkok, also city of angels in Thai - Krungthep (home of angels) Maha-nakorn (great city)
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I don't recall the girls there being exactly little angels.

Of course that explains why you were flying from Japan to Thailand but going to the city of Angels. I was like "Why doesn't he just take a nonstop from Narita to LAX?"

Comment

I'm gold on United Airlines now so good chance I'll get over there at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                  Hey Lancer Merry Christmas, did that young lady you were helping ever get her Canadian passport?

I've been up in the provinces, saw wifie's family yesterday, along with their dogs, cats, ducks, chickens, pet chipmonk. Father looking frail.
                  Sadly no, couldn't find Terry Wayne Raymond Mills, the deadbeat father. With so many names it should have been easier. The money that many donated went to their house and her education, with $50 a month in straight out hand over for food and such. Safronia, Terry's wife, had been through so much she started believing the $ was coming from him. So sad the whole thing. Eventually Karen married a seaman here in the Philippines and is doing okay.

Needed the father to convince him to petition his daughter. I figure if we found him and convinced him then I'd have started a drive to provide funds for the petition.
                  So AH, you are here in the Philippines visiting family? What island? If we are close maybe we can have a beer or two...
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

MtG has jokes. I like him.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm in Bangkok Lancer, but I do get to Manila occasionally so I can let you know.

Comment

here is what I have been doing these past few years

Comment

Working...
                        X