Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow - my password works: horsie rides again

hello to those who remember

I have had some problems with my password, for years in fact but didn't do much about it. I finally contacted Rob Plomp. He was sceptical cos my E-mail address has changed but said the account still seemed to be okay. So I tried to log in and here I am.

So what have I been doing? Well I went to Afghanistan for two years and now I'm living on a remote Pacific island in Micronesia.

My wife got very sick in 2010 and nearly died. She is fully recovered now.

My three oldest sons are in boarding school in Australia. The youngest is with us on the island.

He is 10. I'm now 48 years old. I've mellowed, gone grey and bald and don't troll much anymore.

I fish a lot, have a good boat, caught 8 tuna on Saturday. Miraculously this island, Pohnpei, has good internet thanks to a cable that passes the island.

Online I play Call of Duty a lot and am a member of a clan, the International Army of Friends (IAF).

I haven't played civ much lately. I still like civ II more than the later versions.

I also play the Total war series when I'm not MP on CoD.

I travel a lot - 43,000 frequent flyer miles in the past 12 months.

I'm pleased my favorite smilie is still here, lol

Hello to all my polly friends and former foes

I can't believe some of you guys have been posting here for like ten years - I guess my post record is well and truly shot
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

I forgot the address to your website.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You're mod now Jon? You probably have seven children too?
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

No children yet, I would have been working overtime to have that many, it hasn't even been 7 years. I do have a SO now though, and am in Belgium (after spending some time in Sweden).

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Married then??

Comment

Not yet. But I expect to be in less than a year.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

welcome back ah.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Yeah, welcome back.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                  No children yet, I would have been working overtime to have that many, it hasn't even been 7 years. I do have a SO now though, and am in Belgium (after spending some time in Sweden).

JM
                  WTF are you doing here besides paying too much taxes ?
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

hey rah, cockney

Comment

Alexander's Horse! Woo! You probably have no idea who I am! Woo!
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well I'll be damned... WELCOME BACK!
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                          WTF are you doing here besides paying too much taxes ?
                          I am working at the VUB, I don't even see how much taxes I am paying (at least on income). The VAT is a lot but that seems to be common in europe.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Hey, Horsie... good to see you!
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Hi, AH.
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                              X