Wow - my password works: horsie rides again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back!

If you're still interested in Civ2, the SLeague has moved over to CFC.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It's Horse! Welcome back! Good to hear that things are well, despite the near miss.

I will soon "go legit" as a friend of mine describes it.

Tales of the Hindu Kush are appreciated.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Hey Horsie! See any mountain cities in Afganistan?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Why did you decide to move to Micronesia?
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Hi Horsie!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Fishing

TF2 here... and Civ IV is good
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Good to see you!
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  I can take this question. The answer is because he lived in Afghanistan.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post

My money is on him being exiled, trying to revive colonial slavery, or just owing money to Sicilians.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                      I can take this question. The answer is because he lived in Afghanistan.
                      Very perceptive Dan, as always. One of my staff got a posting to Vanuatu and I thought, hell yeah, I could handle that after the heat and dust of Afghanistan.

I got back to Australia and they asked me where I wanted to go, my reward sort of thing, and I said "the Pacific".

Also my wife suddenly got very ill, a doctor told me after she was as close to death as you can get without actually dying. She got better but we needed to chill for a while, spend time together.

This island has only two interests, fishing and getting stoned. Its nice to go to islands where beautiful girls walk around practically in the nudie (topless at least) after seeing what they have to wear in fundy islamic countries

I'm sure glad I brought my shades out here
                      Last edited by Alexander's Horse; June 13, 2012, 16:43.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I seem to recall that the anticipation of a plum assignment afterward was part of your decision making process in going to Afghanistan in the first place.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

hey group hug, group hug, come on in Ming, Imran

Don't tell Ben or he might start singing Kumbaya
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                            This island has only two interests, fishing and getting stoned. Its nice to go to islands where beautiful girls walk around practically in the nudie (topless at least) after seeing what they have to wear in fundy islamic countries

I'm sure glad I brought my shades out here
                            Those misogynist fundies have no idea what they're missing out on with their oppression
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

so, back to business, any inside goss around on Imran's role in the GFC?

Comment

Good to see you, AH.

Oerdin
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X