Up next in the ME: Civil war in Lebanon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
    Ken: you're reading your own fantasy article, not Barry's. And for the record, the MB disagrees with you:
    "Resistance Is the Only Solution against the Zio-American Arrogance and Tyranny"
    Oh but what's this..

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...019587024.html

You mean the Syrian rebels aren't all hardcore Islamists who want to take over the world? Well shucks, who saw that coming..

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      Oh but what's this..

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...019587024.html

You mean the Syrian rebels aren't all hardcore Islamists who want to take over the world? Well shucks, who saw that coming..
      No one argues to the contrary. Have fun battling that windmill. The Administration deliberately backed a group dominated by Islamists, which collapsed because no on else wanted to work with them.

Rubin himself writes and wrote of Syrian democrats and friends of his. They exist, in fairly large numbers according to him, but so far as I can see (and admittedly I'm not a Syria expert keeping up with it every day) they just don't seem to have much power or visibility. Thank goodness the Administration is helping a group that would decimate them at the first opportunity (not).

Maybe the group in that article are alright; maybe not. Not enough information to tell as it''s subscriber only.
      Last edited by Zevico; November 21, 2012, 06:58.
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
        No one argues to the contrary. Have fun battling that windmill. The Administration deliberately backed a group dominated by Islamists, which collapsed because no on else wanted to work with them.
        Oh they did, did they? The Obama administration gave distinct backing to one particular group of Syrian rebels, those being the hardcore Islamists? You can of course prove that assertion?

Comment

Working...
        X