Up next in the ME: Civil war in Lebanon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up next in the ME: Civil war in Lebanon

With less support from its Syrian and Iranian patrons, Sunni groups are testing the waters for a new civil war in Lebanon, asserts Barry Rubin.

Media Watch: Benjamin Barber wrote that television does not “enhance literacy [so much] as render it irrelevant.”
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

oh joy...
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Zev do you ever actually read anything that isn't MB/Obama conspiracy fueled liquid bull****? Seriously?

This is from your article..

This means the Obama administration was using a barely disguised channel to pay for a revolutionary Islamist movement seeking to take over Syria. The fact that this group was also anti-American, anti-Semitic and genocidal toward Jews seems significant.
      You think that is a serious news source? That's the kind of analysis you are proud to line up alongside?

For ****s sake..

Comment

What exactly is incorrect about this article? The MB is all of those things. The Obama Administration's support for the MB in Egypt and elsewhere is well-documented and a matter of open Administration policy in many instances.

If the Administration is openly supportive of a Syrian MB-led group--and it is--then why wouldn't it pressure client states like Libya to funnel money to it if it thought it necessary to do so?

That makes the Administration very foolish, but then again, who said fools can't be elected to power? You're the one reading conspiracy theories into his statement, not me.

If it makes you incredulous, then just consider this: Chamberlain promised peace in our time with the Nazis. Others deemed Stalin and Mussolini reasonable men that could be dealt with. Still more deemed them men to be emulated. Many foolish things have been done in the past, and will be done in the future.
        Last edited by Zevico; November 19, 2012, 07:52.
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

are you Jewish?
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Pretty sure Zev is jewish, yeah.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Also, kentonio, given that there are plenty of people of both parties who want to help out the Syrian rebels, including John McCain, if the administration isn't giving them back channel support I would be shocked.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                are you Jewish?
                Isn't it obvious?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Also, kentonio, given that there are plenty of people of both parties who want to help out the Syrian rebels, including John McCain, if the administration isn't giving them back channel support I would be shocked.
                  [Phil Ken Sebben]Hah-HA! "Giving them back channel support."[/PKS]
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    The point here is not whether or not the Syrian rebels are receiving support from the west. The point is rather that this ridiculous anti-Islam trash piece is focused on trying to convince its inane readership that the rebels are a bunch of evil Islamists who want to take over Syria so they can launch their inevitable attacks on Americans and Jews. Oh and of course the not so subtle tying of the Obama administration to this 'revolutionary Islamist movement' because let's not forget that he's a secret muslim sleeper agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
                      With less support from its Syrian and Iranian patrons, Sunni groups are testing the waters for a new civil war in Lebanon, asserts Barry Rubin.

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Columni...aspx?id=292467
                      Barry Rubin, the neo-con who got everything wrong on Iraq. The guy is a right wing ass clown with a long history of failure and getting everything wrong. Not just that but he also has repeatedly been caught just outright lying.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        Zev do you ever actually read anything that isn't MB/Obama conspiracy fueled liquid bull****? Seriously?

This is from your article..

You think that is a serious news source? That's the kind of analysis you are proud to line up alongside?

For ****s sake..
                        Rubin is both a proven liar and a known partisan hack. It's like getting your intelligence analysis from Dick Cheney.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The Jews were stupid to carve out their homeland in the most violent region on earth. Australia has plenty of land to spare.

Comment

Zevico is from Melbourne, more likely to be Greek

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                              Zevico is from Melbourne, more likely to be Greek
                              Fully sick mate.

Dinner: he's actually responded to that, it's been brought up so many times. The writer you refer to is a different Barry Rubin. Same name, no relation.

Ken: you're reading your own fantasy article, not Barry's. And for the record, the MB disagrees with you:
                              "Resistance Is the Only Solution against the Zio-American Arrogance and Tyranny"

In one of his recent weekly sermons, titled "How Islam Confronts the Oppression and Tyranny [against the Muslims]," Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Muhammad Badi' accused the Arab and Muslim regimes of employing tyranny against their peoples, of avoiding confrontation with the Muslims' real enemies – the Zionist entity and the U.S. – and of disregarding Allah's commandment to wage jihad against the infidels.

Comment

Working...
                              X