No announcement yet.

What happened to the penny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Canadian provinces have legalized marijuana? Why is Canada stuck in the past?

Comment

How come Canada doesn't have concealed carry? It's so stuck in the past.

Comment

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          How come Canada doesn't have concealed carry? It's so stuck in the past.
          QFT
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I have always considered concealed carry to be both primative and cowardly. Why would we want to hide them? Warriors brandish their weapons.
            And all true Canadians smoke pot, so there!
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              Why not replace all paper money with coins in an attempt to save money on minting money?
              The saving depends on the amount of throughput the denomination has. It's why we have high denomination/low throughput notes and low denomination/high throughput coins in circulation in most, if not all, countries. It would not be sensible to have all notes or all coins.

DO those who advocate no dollar coins also advocate notes for quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies? I doubt it, but I don't know. How many advocated quarters as note in the 70s, when a dollar today is of the same value as a quarter then? When a dollar today becomes as worth as much as a quarter in the next couple of decades would it still be advocated strongly to retain it as a note (ceteris paribus wrt use of cash)?
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                I have always considered concealed carry to be both primative and cowardly. Why would we want to hide them? Warriors brandish their weapons.
                And all true Canadians smoke pot, so there!
                There you have it.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

How many Canadian provinces have legalized marijuana? Why is Canada stuck in the past?
                  66% of Canadians polled this year think marijuana should be legalized.

The laws against possession of marijuana are largely unenforced in Canada currently. Superior and appeals courts have repeatedly declared marijuana laws to be of no force and/or effect.

It's going to happen in the very near future, on a scale much larger than 2 of 50 states.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Concealed carry makes everyone safer. If criminals don't know who is packing heat, they will be reluctant to attack anyone for fear of being shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      66% of Canadians polled this year think marijuana should be legalized.

The laws against possession of marijuana are largely unenforced in Canada currently.

It's going to happen in the very near future, on a scale much larger than 2 of 50 states.
                      If you keep electing Conservatives who only get 40% of the popular vote is it really going to happen?

Comment

Concealed carry makes everyone safer. If criminals don't know who is packing heat, they will be reluctant to attack anyone for fear of being shot.
                        Exactly.

The US' tiny crime rate compared to Canada is proof of this.

Wait a second...I think I have that backwards?

Comment

If you keep electing Conservatives who only get 40% of the popular vote is it really going to happen?
                          They won't keep getting elected. As soon as the Liberals nominate a quasi-charismatic person, Harper's toast for a couple cycles. That's how Canadian politics work.

Then the Liberals win with "only 40% of the popular vote". (Their official policy, by the way, is to legalize marijuana. The next time they're in office this will happen)

I don't expect Americans to understand nuanced multi-party systems, so I'm going to let your "40%" comment slide.

Comment

They won't keep getting elected. As soon as the Liberals nominate a quasi-charismatic person, Harper's toast for a couple cycles. That's how Canadian politics work.

Then the Liberals win with "only 40% of the popular vote". (Their official policy, by the way, is to legalize marijuana. The next time they're in office this will happen)

I don't expect Americans to understand nuanced multi-party systems, so I'm going to let your "40%" comment slide.
                            A party gets a majority of the seats with only 40% of the vote? I understand it perfectly. Canada is not a democracy.

Comment

Exactly.

The US' tiny crime rate compared to Canada is proof of this.

Wait a second...I think I have that backwards?
                              Eliminating concealed carry wouldn't bring the US crime rate down to Canadian levels, now would it? There's obviously something else causing that discrepancy.

Comment

No gun lobby.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X