Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People in the NE really are cold hearted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People in the NE really are cold hearted.

Mother whose two boys were swept out of her arms in superstorm was left screaming on street for 12 hours by neighbors who refused to help her

Police find bodies of Glenda Moore's sons Connor, 4, and Brandon, 2
    Mrs Moore battled to hold on to the boys but they were sucked away
    She knocked on door but was told: 'I don't know you. I'm not going to help'
    Another neighbor refused to answer and she spent night crying on street

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2B5hDZqgb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wow!
    Last edited by Docfeelgood; November 2, 2012, 20:09.

It's because she's black, right? New Yorkers are so racist

Comment

This is classic New Englander ****.

Whoops, I read NE as New England, not Northeast.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

That's horrible. Unbelievable.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post

I hope YOUR wrong. Those kids were innocent. I saw an interview with the guy who lived in the house and he came off as being a flake to me.

Comment

The article mentioned that one of the neighbors had 'a Jamaican accent', so this might not exactly be an issue of racism here... though honestly I'm with HC, I find this unbelievable. Though I also would be curious why she hadn't evacuated ...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Pathetic.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                The article mentioned that one of the neighbors had 'a Jamaican accent', so this might not exactly be an issue of racism here... though honestly I'm with HC, I find this unbelievable. Though I also would be curious why she hadn't evacuated ...
                Has anyone validated the story?

You know she's going to cash in on donations now.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It is terrible.

Really completely terrible

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    Yes, yes they actually are.

Anecdotally, I know a fair number of racists in Rochester.

Comment

It's in times like these that Americans band together and show a community of love and respect.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Looters deserve to be shot.

Comment

Shooting looters seems reasonable.

Comment

Food Trucks, Generators To The Rescue For... Sunday's Marathon?

While the NYC Marathon is still on for this Sunday, many (including runners who planned on participating) are hoping the city will cancel or postpone in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. But the city is moving full speed ahead. As we noted earlier, those urging the city to halt the run believe that the thousands of Marathon volunteers could direct their efforts towards post-Sandy relief and cleanup, "and they also argue that the event will divert thousands of police from important hurricane-related duties." But despite petitions circulating, work started up again yesterday on the Marathon route.

A tipster, who wishes to remain anonymous, told us there were lots of workers in and out of the park today, who had "started before the storm and then came back starting yesterday." Trailers are lined up from around 71st to 66th Streets on Central Park West, a food truck was set up today, and "generators have been sitting there at least a week." The tents that were taken down prior to the storm have also been set back up, and there is a stage set up near 73rd Street.

Considering all the volunteer help and NYPD attention that's already being diverted to the Marathon, the added sight of generators and food being channeled to the event is probably going to strike some New Yorkers as a little misplaced—we're thinking of the ones who are currently lined up waiting for the National Guard to ration out MREs and bottles of water.
                            Work has started up again on the NYC Marathon route, with generators and food trucks being brought in. But should the race be postponed?
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              Shooting looters seems reasonable.
                              Death is indeed a justified punishment for theft in many Islamist nations.

Comment

Working...
                              X