Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Christie have even thanked Obama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
    Why is anyone surprised that Christie wouldn't be thankful or honest in his thanking Obama? It's always the GOP thats been the bipartisan ones willing to step across the aisle to get things done.
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
      Why is anyone surprised that Christie wouldn't be thankful or honest in his thanking Obama? It's always the GOP thats been the bipartisan ones willing to step across the aisle to get things done.

Now that is some quality trolling.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

See what I did there. Reached right across the poly aisle.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          Christie has done exactly what he should have done. He was also completely himself. I don't get the others.

Apart from everything else, it was a politically sharp move, whether Christie intended it as such or not. He has already done enough damage to Obama in the campaign, this insured he got as much camera time as Obama as someone handling the disaster and undercut claims that he was a bully who couldn't work across the aisle.
          Truth. Christie seemed (and I believe was) very genuine in his praise. Guy definitely wears his heart on his sleeve.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The first job of a governor is to manage his state, not get involved in federal politics. Something Martin O'Malley of Maryland should learn.

Comment

I think it's rather above that, reg. The problem that I and a lot of people have with both sides, is that sometimes they forget that governance is about governance, not about pithy insults or whatever. If Obama did something well, every person in America should be congratulating and/or thanking him for doing a good job. It seems that, too often, the Fox News (and MSNBC) types spend all of their time trying to insult the leader of the other party and refuse to say anything positive about him/her, for fear of losing some sort of credibility or strengthening his/her image.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I don't think the news networks are particularly guilty of it. Politicians are afraid of doing anything that might improve the other party's chances in an election year.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                  I don't think the news networks are particularly guilty of it. Politicians are afraid of doing anything that might improve the other party's chances in an election year.
                  Except Christie who gives no ****s.
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

True, Fox News isn't a news network.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post

If I were governor of New Jersey and had thousands of stranded citizens, and someone stepped in and said "here, let me help," I would have a lot of personal difficulty acting partisan in that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        The first job of a governor is to manage his state, not get involved in federal politics. Something Martin O'Malley of Maryland should learn.
                        Maryland carries on well enough without Mr. O'Malley "managing" us.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

PEPCO

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                            Christie = Honey Badger
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

The sad thing is, Christie Honey Badger is a candidate I could vote for but would never get nominated by the Republican Party because he isn't off the wall crazy or he said a kind word about the opposing party.

Comment

That's interesting, because Christie is considered right-wing and is described as a "tea party favorite" because of his strong fiscal conservatism.

Comment

Working...
                                X